G group on the forum??

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
robbie50

G group on the forum??

Post by robbie50 »

Is it possible to make a different G group on the forum?
I only read the Fantom X postings, but there are now so many G postings........

A "G-Tribe Forum"

I hope you understand me...

greetings,

rob
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: G group on the forum??

Post by Artemiy »

Robbie, at this point I do not think we should add a new section, but I may change my mind. We will have to open up a thread and discuss this matter with everybody.
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

maybe it is a good idea, because since juno-g, fantom X has same guts the new fantom G is based on completely new chips I guess.
Arjan

Customized merged forums

Post by Arjan »

Artemio,

Here's an idea: allow people to create their own 'merged' forum(s) in their own profile. A merged forum could contain all posts from all forums that the user is interested in. If you reply to a post the reply would simply go to the originating forum only. If you start a new thread you will be asked to select one specific forum to post in.

Heck, if al BB's (for example Fantomized and VS Planet) would offer an API to access posts it would even be possible to view multiple BB's from one viewing engine. I realize that is not going to happen but it would be cool don't you think?

On another note: I tried to use a [ URL = ... ] text [ /URL ] tag in my signature but it didn't work (ie doen't show at all). When I posted it in the message body it work fine. I this a limitation in what you can put in signatures?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Arjan, I had this kind of an idea too, but so far I think it will be overcomplicating things a bit. I will think more, though.

As about the signature: currently they are switched off. Soon you will be able to do more in your profile, sort of your own web page, that's our aim at the moment.
howardS

Post by howardS »

My 2 cents worth is that I would prefer if Fantom G threads were separate from the Fantom X threads. As the G comes out there will likely be many many threads dealing with all the issues that only interest Fantom G users. I believe many of us have yet to explore the far reaches of the Fantom X and will continue to use it and learn about its synthesis capabilities. For this reason I would prefer to separate it into individual discussion areas.

Also, the stickies will start to get really cluttered if all the Juno-G, Fantom X and Fantom G stickies are in one spot. Perhaps we could have 3 separate discussion areas, namely, the Juno-G Forum, the Fantom X Forum and the Fantom G Forum and this way separate the discussion and stickies as well.

Thanks for continuing to host and evolve this forum, Artemio.

Howard
dani.squire

Post by dani.squire »

Art,

What about tags?? For example, in Fantomized forum, ppl would be able to tag their messages with one or more predefined tags like "Fantom X", "Fantom G" or "Juno G".
In the groovebox forum they would tag threads with "MC808", "MC909" and so on.

This way, you'd be presented with the available tags for that forum when you start a new thread and people would be able to filter only for tags they are interested in.

Remember that I'm a web developer. If you need help with this, just send me an e-mail.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Okay guys, you got me, it does make sense. I will likely start a new section soon.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

erh.... Sorry as it seems I'm a little against the current.
I understand the need to a little more focus on the G but if we have to split the Fantomized forum we would need 4 forums (for the S, the X, the G and Juno-G ) not to mention we do not have the Xa and the FA76 included. I believe that, aside the great number of post, we will have something similar happening to when the X was released wich was a decresing posts number about the S and an incresing posts number about the X. Also, we undoubtly will get numerous posts about the 2 of them and that will split the discussion even more.
And also, for us mods, that will make us more difficult to check.
Just my oppinion, I'll be here whatever Artemio decides ;-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

V-CeeOh is actually right. The reason I cannot make up my mind and say "no" is that I am too loyal to all our members and would like to make their wishes come true. But now I do have to come back to my original thoughts: it will do more harm than it will do good.
howardS

Post by howardS »

V-CeeOh - Point well taken. While I would still prefer separate forums perhaps the stickies and the subject lines can be better organized.

Artemio, can it be easily set up where you have to select the instrument we are referring to on the subject line so then when viewing the forum the first item on the subject line would tell you which instrument the poster was asking about without having to open the thread. Then it would be easy to see that it is with respect to the X, the S, the G, or the Juno G. Perhaps the stickies could also be sorted by instrument.

I think I am up to 4 cents now.

Howard
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

howardS: a gear selector is what I had in my mind a long time ago, but it needs some more thinking.
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Hi Artemio and everybody:

Why not just roll the G into the Fantomized Forum? I mean, Fantomized is for S and X, right? The G IS a Fantom, isn't it? I mean, technically, if I wanted to post about the ORIGINAL Fantom, I could post something about it here, couldn't I?

Anyway, whatever you decide is fine with me. I'm just trying to help you to clarify the issue.

- Sammy
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Why not just roll the G into the Fantomized Forum?
Sammy, it's been there since.... THE BEGGINING!!! ;-)
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

Sammy, don't smoke weed in the morning...