Fantom G No Sound Thread

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Mauro Rosati

Re: Fantom G No Sound Thread

Post by Mauro Rosati »

Yes, Eric persing is the sound designer behind many Roland's Music Workstation such the great Roland XP-80 wich I still own. ;)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

A few tens of thousands of dollars? Dang, Artemio, you must've been doing all the work yourself! I'm trying to get a line of products out, and my first box will cost $400,000 to $600,000
Actually one guy from US contacted me once and offered to co-develop an effects processor. When I told him that a 6-month R&D would cost $18.000, he told me that's way too expensive.

BTW, if you need to hire the engineers some of which used to program the soviet nuclear missiles, please feel free to contact me.
I DREAD having to curb my tongue for all the whining, clueless idiots trolling my forum
My God, what if Quinnx buys it??? You'll wish you were born a dog. Or a cat. Or, at least, a girl dinosaur.
Spectrasonics was an interesting mention. Didn't Eric Persing work at Roland for years?
Correct, he's been the chief sound designer at Roland during something like 1985-2002, about 15 years. Eric is a real maniac, his works are brilliant. And I wouldn't ever expect that I'll ever get in touch with him in any way, but I did (he licensed my waveshaper algorithms for their new STEAM engine). That is a huge, huge nohour!
lelo

no sound thread

Post by lelo »

Eric Persing

This is the guy i mention in another thread about useing to do the voiceing in the new workstation which is the Fantom G.
Eric is good at that kind of stuff,the sounds that he use in those
software synth are "Good" He know's what sounds good in a mix,what sounds to use,He Really knows how to create a groove that inspires you to make good music,regardless of the style you play.
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

I thought he was mainly responsible from around D50 times to XV times (and maybe the beginning Fantom era), but left Roland about three years ago?

Are you just guessing he works for the Fantom G or do you have some reliable info?
bobbybland

Post by bobbybland »

So Eric Persing is doing the sound design for the Fantom G ? Where did you see this?Please state where I can find this?
lelo

Post by lelo »

I just remember that he did some programming for roland on some synths.I Have no proff that he worked on the Fantom G.
I just requested that roland use him for some sound programming.
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

Hi everyone! This is my first post :-)

Here's a link detailing Eric Persing's involvement with Roland.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/artists/roland.php
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

lelo, according to the official info from Spectrasonics, Eric's latest works were on the Fantom and VP-9000. But since some waveforms get inherited by newer synths, his sounds will indeed be there on the Fantom-G. But, as I see, he did not take part in creating new sounds for the new Fantoms.
The Audacity Works

Post by The Audacity Works »

The SR-JV80 Sound Effects and Vocal cards sound like they were taken directly from the Distorted Reality and Symphony of Voices sessions, respectively. I always assumed Roland simply licensed the sounds from Spectrasonics for those two boards.