Fantom G forum and the sake of simplicity

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
kday

Fantom G forum and the sake of simplicity

Post by kday »

Considering Roland has a new Fantom G why is it still hard to find Fantom G topics? Why do potential buyers have to search through countless useless topics to find about Roland's new flagship unlike the other professional websites dedicated to their synth lines?

Where's the dedictated FANTOM G topics thread?

How come there is not a separate FANTOM-G , Fantom X and Fantom S thread here?

Fantom G, X, and S should have their own DEDICATED topics thread.

This is the only pro musical instrument user forum on the net that I know of that's a big hard to find & difficult to search hodge pod of good & junk topics all mixed into one big bowl.

Just trying to find the Fantom synth forum is task it seems the most important and flagship roland synth product is buried deep into countless threads & topics.

Take a look a the Yamaha Motif forums totally organized.
Take a look at the Akai forum totally organized.
Take a look at all the others forums their flagship forum is UPFRONT and seperate from the others.

I know roland themselves would have been corrected this problem by now but why haven't the moderator of this forum understand that their should be a DEDICATED topic forum upfront at the top instead having to search through the bottom of the barrel of the listings to find the most exciting synth products?

The Fantom forums should be at top and with BIG links and not these tiny hard to find & search mini links established. I know this is a 3rd party supported website but make it look like maybe Roland made it and add a little color somewhere in here along with a colorful picture or two of the actual synths being discussed on each topic.

Dedicated topics in the Fantom forum for :

1.Sampling
2.Sequencing
3.Arpeggiator
4.ARX - SRX boards
5.Sounds
6. ETC

As much as I love roland synth I gotta say this place can often get boring as heck for long periods of time.

Add a big general discussion topic somewhere easily to find also to keep people talking about something. I've been here quite often and seemed like nothing was new for long periods of time is the past. Now Roland got a new Fantom flagship synth use that opportunity to revamp, reorganize and reinvigorate this place with new life and new dedicated forum topics.

Just my 0.2 cents on how this can be much better & exciting forum and generate far more excitement & interest if that was the intended goal here.
Solitary man

Re: Fantom G forum and the sake of simplicity

Post by Solitary man »

I take it you didn't get a leg over this week!

Wow man if you feel this forum needs sorting out then maybe you could start your own Fantom G forum. This site is run by ART who has dedicated a lot of time and effort into setting this up. Not only is it very well managed and setup but I don't see Roland creating thousands of new and exciting patches for everyone to download, or writing a superb user guide that clearly goes far, far beyond the Fantoms user manual.

How you've got the audacity to come onto this forum and run off at the mouth at how shite this site is, is beyond me!

Go buy ya'self a Casio.

And yes you guessed it' I didn't get a leg over this week'
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Why do potential buyers have to search through countless useless topics ...
What you find useless other may find usefull. It's not up to you to decided what's one thing or the other
Where's the dedictated FANTOM G topics thread?
The Fantom G threads are located at the Fantomized forum. If you take 5s to use the "search"or 1s to click on the "Latest posts" link you find that for yourself
How come there is not a separate FANTOM-G , Fantom X and Fantom S thread here?
We already discussed this several times. You can read the last one HERE
Take a look a the Yamaha Motif forums totally organized.
Take a look at the Akai forum totally organized.
Take a look at all the others forums their flagship forum is UPFRONT and seperate from the others.
These are just examples of your personal taste.
I know roland themselves would have been corrected this problem by now...
uhh??? Roland???? problem???? what are you talking about???
but why haven't the moderator of this forum understand that their should be a DEDICATED topic forum upfront at the top instead having to search through the bottom of the barrel of the listings to find the most exciting synth products?
Again, this has been discussed several times.
I know this is a 3rd party supported website ...

I would not even call it that since this is maintained at Artemios expenses only with the donations from our members. Maybe you should also... donate?
...but make it look like maybe Roland made it and add a little color somewhere in here along with a colorful picture or two of the actual synths being discussed on each topic.
This is the exact opposite of what we try to achieve. Like you say, ALL other forums look like that.
Dedicated topics in the Fantom forum for :

1.Sampling
2.Sequencing
3.Arpeggiator
4.ARX - SRX boards
5.Sounds
6. ETC
1 - Sampling is discussed at the the Groove Zone forum
2 - Sequencing is discussed at each respective product forum since every sequencer is diferent. If you're talking about multi-tracking that is discussed at the Recorders and Multitracks forum
3 - Do you really think this needs a "dedicated forum". Anyway this can be discussed at each product forum
4 - Again, a dedicated forum for expansions????? This can be discussed at each dedicated product forum.
5 - This is so general that I don't even know what to say to you.
6 - Oh!!!! ETC can defenitely be discussed at the Free Zone forum.
As much as I love roland synth I gotta say this place can often get boring as heck for long periods of time.
You have an excelent solution: go to the DOES BEERS forum HERE, have some, relax, then go to the Yamaha, Korg or Akai forums. I bet there is a lot of talking about Roland products.
Add a big general discussion topic somewhere easily to find also to keep people talking about something
- does not aplly here
I've been here quite often ...

From what you demonstrate till now I just don't believe that.
Just my 0.2 cents on how this can be much better & exciting forum and generate far more excitement & interest if that was the intended goal here.
Every oppinion counts here but, seriously, I don't think you have the knowledge to come here and say what you said. If you need numbers go to the statistics link and take a look - not that numbers are our goal. Our feeling is that this site in great and I'm sure that others will be here to state the very same. In the end I hope you stay here and just pay some more attention ;-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

kday:

Well, yes, I have already seen other forums, and how much filth people spoil over each other. This one is a little different.

Yes, we did have multiple sections, but that was pointless. Say you want to record the arpeggiator into the sequencer. Where should you post it? In "argeggiator" or "sequencer" forum? I hope you see what I mean.

V-CeeOh:

+1 ;-)))
The Audacity Works

Post by The Audacity Works »

Well, if I have to write 100 glowing reviews of this forum to negate kday's, I will.

Artemio, this place is very cool. Major props.

If this guy can't find info on the G, he must not know how to use the intertubes. There's a ton of info here and elsewhere.

Unfortunately, Fantomized doesn't get enough traffic to warrant splitting everything into smaller chunks. Tons of subthreads are much more difficult to moderate. Plus, the one guy who has the answer to a question may hang out in the "sampler" forum, and you asked a question in the sequencer forum.
Danielo __

Post by Danielo __ »

I think this is a very good forum. You can always think to improve the organization, but I think it has a lot of very interesting topics and excellent information.
I have read this forum but never had participated.
I am interested now in participating, but I am a potential new owner of a G!!

I hope I could buy one. ( I am from Uruguay, and prices here are more expensive).

Thank you for the opportunity of finding here a lot of excellent information about the G!!!
Danielo __

Post by Danielo __ »

This forum is wonderful, very excitement and people who participates here is very intelligent and musicians with a lot of experience.
Thank you
The Audacity Works

See, Artemio, now we suspect you started this thread just to garner thanks and praise! ;)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

:-D
Zephyer

Then don't come back!!

Post by Zephyer »

I for one love this forum it’s easy to read and get around and loads fast for everyone (56k folk)

Also great guys like Artemio, V-CeeOh and The Audacity Works ( Audacity is not part of the staff but helps us a lot as well) know there stuff and help a lot of us out (help is the keyword maybe something you should try kday) and the tone of the forum is generally Polite.

Bottom line if you don't like this forum then get off your backside and make your own. (Notice I said backside and not your ass see polite) it's not as easy as you think it takes a lot of time, hard work and money.

Not to mention dealing with people that know little to nothing about what you do Sponging off your hard work and telling you they want more for free! (I'm KinD so I won’t sAy anY names)

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK Artemio and staff.
The Audacity Works

Thanks for the kind words, Zephyer. And I don't even own a Fantom!—My dad does (S88), and he wanted me to check out the G at NAMM. I also used to sell them for a long time.

Admittedly, I do have a V-Synth, XV-5080, JP-8080, and SH-32.

Normally, I hang out at Harmony Central KS&S, but Diametro (cool guy) told me about this place... I think. It was someone over there.
Zephyer

You the man :-)

Post by Zephyer »

No thank you for helping The Audacity Works some of us could learn a thing or two from you. (I'm (K)in(D) so I won’t s(A)y an(Y) names)
swandiver

Separate Fantom-G forum

Post by swandiver »

I actually agree that a separate forum for Fantom-G would be helpful and appropriate. The Fantom X has only the slightest incremental difference from the Fantom S, whereas the Fantom G is quite a step up, and different from, the S/X. It would make logical sense to have all issues related specifically to the Fantom G in a single separate forum for ease and convenience. They will be different questions with different answers than S/X line--e.g all-new OS, totally new effects capabilities, all-new sequencer, ARX boards, etc. Anyway, that would be my preference.

Just my 2 cents.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

I guess I could complain- lets have a Sonic Cell forum!!!!! (Art is laughing at me right now).
I have no issues with the forum. I get lots of info from the Fantomized section as it does apply to the Sonic Cell. And like anything, users will get use to the way it is setup and can work in the structure.
Zephyer

Hey Swandiver/Kday and all like them listen up!

Post by Zephyer »

I actually think it's rude when someone gives you a gift to tell him or her it's not good enough. (.... Hmmmm a new LCD flat screen well it should have been a HD and it could have been bigger like 62 inches)

Listen to your self and think how that would make you feel. You are not paying for this forum it's free and when someone gives you something for free you say THANK YOU even if you don't like it.

Artemio has a life outside of this forum you never know the cost of someone's gift you just benefit from it. Making new upgrades means he has to give up on time with something else. (wife/girlfriend, kids, friends, work, school, etc)

Artemio is not Roland he does not have to make or do anything for you. And unlike Roland you do not pay him for his work. He does this because he wants to share one of his Passions with us (Roland gear and music)

So unlike you and others I say thank you when someone gives me a gift. And maybe next time when you give someone something they will tell you it could be better.