Fantom G forum and the sake of simplicity

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
JEM

Re: Fantom G forum and the sake of simplicity

Post by JEM »

I'm very new to this place and I've found it to be an extremely refreshing change from all the dull flaming sites elsewhere. Too many forums are a cult of exclusion and pretty infantile behaviour.

A couple of times here I've held my hand up with doofus noob questions about something and not once have I been made fun of. Artemio and indeed everyone else I've met here have been helpful, patient and full of positivity. This place is a joy to hang out at.

Let's keep it that way eh? ;-)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Art and guys,
Don't pay attention to "devil Advocates" (figure of speech) ;-)
This forum is great !!!

Maybe not so great to the ones that think that they know everything, and the world is orbiting themselves, but who cares...

I've been here for a while, reading and LEARNING (A LOT) and not participating, which I do now, as I realised that, only participating in a constructive way, we can help to make this forum even better !!!

I trully think that this forum is THE forum (I've been in some of the others as well, so I know what I'm talking about), but again, maybe it's a matter of taste...

Keep up the good work Art, you're the man !!!
hangman

Post by hangman »

Fantomized is one of the best music gear forums out there from my experience, and personally I find it very easy to use and dont particularly think its necessary for every workstation to have its own section.

In general the people are far less needlessly agressive and petty on this forum than on similar sites. It is also much easier to get straightforward helpful replies to questions on this site compared to others where you could wait days if not weeks before anybody would reply to peoples queations.

In addition the site is run by Artemiy who is essentially a one man roland support team regularly working on new sound libraries and tweakbooks/guidlines for fantom users whilst maintaining a near constant prescence on the site.
manishkurup

Ignore this guy ...

Post by manishkurup »

.... I was over at the motifator forums the other day, and seems like this is what is does on every forum ...

;) Manish
wudsiba

Post by wudsiba »

In a lot of ways, all of these instruments relate to each other. The S and X run almost axactly the same. What I usually do, is check the "Latest posts" and read the ones that apply. If your only interested in the Fantom G, just run a search for the Fantom G. The way you approached this, will guarantee negative results. There is no reason to be insulting to a group of people that are only trying to help...
Rodan

What? No Color?

Post by Rodan »

Obviously didn't search for "inflatable girl dinosaur"!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

At first, let me thank you for the warm words!

As for why this forum is so friendly, that's because I am, and this forum is part of me. On many other forums the creators are not as dedicated to managing them, maybe because they are busy with other things, or just want it to flow on it's own. But this forum is very important to me, and I cannot live more than a few hours not to visit here, whether to help people with answers or just to see how things are going.

See, it's a like a small tree you planted. You need to take care of it, pour with water regularly, otherwise it'll die.

I truly love this place, and love you all.
kday

Post by kday »

Hey I apologize for any misconceptions people I'm not saying the forum is bad or anything like that.

Artemio, this is a great forum as it is I just made some suggestions like anyone else that's all. I in no way meant any harm or to say it sucks or anything like that. All I wanted to say was why not try some cosmetic upgrades every now & then. And maybe some dedicated category threads along with separation of the Fantoms Forums. Just suggestions I didn't intend to drag many of the members here out of character.

That's all I still think it's cool for what it is though.
dani.squire

Post by dani.squire »

Art Said:
"I truly love this place, and love you all."

All you need is love
(All together now!)
All you need is love
(Everybody!)
All you need is love, love
Love is all you need!

=)
howardS

Post by howardS »

kday, I think everyone ran to the defence of this site and Artemio because you opened your thread by asking "Why do potential buyers have to search through countless useless topics to find about Roland's new flagship unlike the other professional websites dedicated to their synth lines?"

This site is different than those other sites because Roland didn't create it in order to sell the new keyboard lines. This is really first and foremost a user based site and not a sales supported site. I have learned so much from other members, the moderators and, of course, Artemio, through this exchange of information. Enjoy.
swandiver

People calm down, please

Post by swandiver »

I actually think it's rude when someone gives you a gift to tell him or her it's not good enough.

Zephyr and other people, please calm down. Nobody is insulting Artemio (at least not to my impression). We all appreciate these forums and the work Artemio does. But if a friend is trying to work on a project to help others, and makes a standing invitation "if there's any way I can ever improve this project to help you more, please let me know" (which I'm pretty sure Artemio has said at more than one point in the long history of these forums) then it's a *very polite and nice* thing to do to offer suggestions to improvement to your friend, because you're helping him achieve his goal better. Understood?

And although I think a separate Fantom-G forum makes more logical sense than a combined one, I'll still come here either way.

Thank you, Artemio.

:)
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

swandiver
quotes from kday post:
Why do potential buyers have to search through countless useless topics
Fantom G, X, and S should have their own DEDICATED topics thread.
The Fantom forums should be at top and with BIG links
...this place can often get boring as heck...
I've been here quite often and seemed like nothing was new for long periods of time...
This is totally different from :
G group on the forum??
Is it possible to make a different G group on the forum?
as robbie50 started HERE

No, it was not insulting otherwise the post would be deleted but I personaly consider it rude to say the least. Artemio is always open to changes and most of the times he likes to discuss those changes in the forum. What more can we ask? In the kday post I was impressed by the "tone" of his arguments specially when he self demonstrated not to know his way around. In the end, like I also said all comments and sugestions are welcome. Just go to the Comunity Talk and check it out.
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

I retract my previous remark.
wudsiba

Post by wudsiba »

No hard feelings kday. I understand where you were coming from, it just came across as insulting. It does go to show how dedicaded and thankful people are tward this site and to Artemio for creating and nurturing this site. Don't let it discourage you. Keep coming back...

I feel so warm inside, and sometimes it seems that we can all get along...
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

See ?
That's why this Forum is so different from the others I know.

Cheers,
PauloF