Fantom G forum and the sake of simplicity

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
2TIM316

Re: Fantom G forum and the sake of simplicity

Post by 2TIM316 »

Hate to be a dissenter, but I sort of agree that it would be nice to have a separate section for each Fantom, i.e. "S", "X", "Rack", "Juno-G", and most recently "G".

Right now, I'm visiting this forum exclusively to find out information about the "G", such as if anyone's heard when it will be released, or if anyone has knowledge of demo sounds or videos. It would be great just to kick in to a dedicated Fantom-G section.

But aside from that, I much prefer the elegance of Artemio's forum creation to the typical BBS that virtually all other music-related sites use.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I sort of agree that it would be nice to have a separate section for each Fantom, i.e. "S", "X", "Rack", "Juno-G", and most recently "G".
The thing is there are both advantages and disadvantages here. And someone needs to make a decision. These instruments are way too similar to split them up into different sections: for example, people with an S and with an X will be hanging around in different forums, and will eliminate the usual help they give each other now. So far, I see more disadvantages of separate sections.
But aside from that, I much prefer the elegance of Artemio's forum creation to the typical BBS that virtually all other music-related sites use.
Thank you very much! I am always careful about the design, apart from my own thoughts I study web standards and guidelines, as well as the properties of human eye sight, image recognition and logic.

BTW, does BBS mean Big Bull Sh**? ;-)
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Artemio,

we all have big respect for the job you are doing with your site, and of course it is completely your decision how you want to organize it.

For the FantomS/FantomX/JunoG etc. I agree that the similarities are big enough, so that the advantage of having them in one folder clearly exceeds the disadvantages.

With the Fantom G it's something else from my view:
It brings a major change in the way you use the instrument, and *many* user questions and discussions will have *nothing* in common with the way we use the other Fantoms/JunoG so far.

Already now I find it tedious to look for G news, covering questions which have no common ground with FantomX questions, among the new posts within Fantomized.

So I politely ask you to reconsider this point.
No need to hurry, but I think a dedicated G forum will be completely unavoidable sooner or later, and if so, why not sooner?

Just my 2...
Zephyer

It's all about how and when

Post by Zephyer »

Kday It would have been easy for you to get upset or give us a piece of your mind possibly even not come back. And then go and talk a lot of trash about this forum all over the net because you felt misunderstood. But given the fact that you came back an apologized (despite feeling misunderstood) shows that you care for and appreciate the work that is done here as much as I'm sure we all do.

It’s all about how you say it.

The flow of your (what I now know to be misunderstood) post just came off as rude to me There is always a right and wrong way to help someone.

Say I go to the house of my friend that moved their three months ago and he still has no furniture. I could say to him your living room is beautiful. You know I saw a black couch that would look awesome in that corner what do you think? And maybe even pick it up for him.

I won’t say what the wrong way is because I understand now you were just trying to help. As am I by suggesting the above format.

And when you say it.

Swandiver I feel your comment would have been fine if it came after someone who started there (What I now know to be misunderstood) post with more respect. Especially given the love Artemio and his staff pour into this site. It just felt to me like after reading over Kdays post and all the comments after that you decided to reinforce the misunderstood rudeness.

Given all the misunderstandings I will apologize to you guys as well and please do come back.

As a hardcore musician I have a ton of passion love and respect (as I'm sure a lot of us do) for my music and the things that help me to both make it and make it better. Such as Roland Artemio his staff the loved ones in my life and the members of this forum. So yes when someone could do a better job of giving more respect to the people and things I care about I defend them.

I have been on this forum from just about its start and I tell everyone I think would care about it how great this place is. It’s just that on account of my slow typing speed (two fingers guys) I did not think I could help much online .I’m a little faster now (still use two fingers) so I will help when I (it wont be blazing fast) can.

But if a friend is trying to work on a project to help others, and makes a standing invitation "if there's any way I can ever improve this project to help you more, please let me know" (which I'm pretty sure Artemio has said at more than one point in the long history of these forums) then it's a *very polite and nice* thing to do to offer suggestions to improvement to your friend, because you're helping him achieve his goal better.

I agree 100% lets help to make this site the best it can be. Just be careful about how when and how much you say it. If someone has given you his or her response it’s rude to ask over and over. It’s not the same thing as talking to a bunch of people that work for a big company like Roland that may or may not (in most cases not) care about you or the company. They just want their paycheck.

When's the last time you talked to the CEO of Roland and if you did how many times could you ask him the same thing before he got sick of it. (Not much Id guess) That's why most of us can’t. In the case of the Roland Clan we get to talk to the CEO directly lets all appreciate That as much as we can and give the proper respect because you could just be talking to a computer or a worker who could not care less.

Don’t make me have to get fired up again grrrrrrrrrr ;-)