No props for the G

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
foleycore

No props for the G

Post by foleycore »

sorry guys but the Fantom G is just more of the same BOTTOM LINE AND THATS THAT!

why the hell are you people all swamping around in here hoping for this new G when it offers nothing new and no improvements???

Old sounds from the X! SRX sounds for most of the rest, and a few new ones...whipdy do. talk about reveling in the past.
why on earth has roland given 24 audio tracks? what are we gonna do with that?Inever used all 8 tracks on the X for petes sake.
what is the purpose of 128 track sequencing? as if anybodys gonna use all that.
It seems they have given more of the things we don't need and have not really stepped up into the twenty first century. 256mb's of COMPRESSED RDAC sounds! what a joke, as if 256mb's was not penny pinching they compress the damn things even though flash ram is cheap as dogs breath these days; surely there should have been 512 mb's of sounds in there this time around!
and i asked the Roland engineer that i know and he said the reverb is the same as that on the X. For gods sake Roland! that reverb was very ordinary and already lagging behind the quality of Korg and Yamaha, and yet you stick with it for your so called next generation? you must reckon its good, or maybe just more penny pinching and incompetence again huh! talk about more of the same!
As if thats not bad enough you couldn't even give us a master eq to complement the multiband compressor. How much would a four or five band eq have cost you Roland? man oh man what a big let down. Even your master compressor does nothing decent for the sound anyway.
This G is a heap of garbage and you think ARX is gonna blow the world away; I don't think so!

Oh and here we go, all the Roland fanboys are gonna start snarling their teeth at me like a give a damn.

The fantom will not improve your sound mix just because it has a large screen, 128 sequencer, and 24 useless audio recording tracks that can only record one track at a time.
This thing is ancient before its even released.

Akai has kicked you backsides already and at the same price.
The new MPC5000 has a 80gigabyte hardisk built in and records 8 tracks of audio.Thankyou Akai! plus it has a 20 voice virtual analog built in as standard(not an expensive option)and it sounds better than an Access Virus and a Nord lead. It also has a CD/DVD burner.It has 960ppqn resolution in the sequencer. It has a multiband master Compressor that sounds absolutely awesome as well as a master eq. And it has 680 mb's of awesome premium quality UNCOMPRESSED sounds.
reckon you can beat that guys!!!? You don't fool me for a second Roland.
bassman

Re: No props for the G

Post by bassman »

Why is this a new thread?

Let's see who's got time to waste to reply to this.
(Before I probably lock it.)

Hopefully, no one.
;-p
bassman

Re: No props for the G

Post by bassman »

Time's up!

Any further comments can be directed to one of the ongoing Fantom G threads here. That's what they are for. . . . . . .

(Saving Art some storage space.)
:-)