Possibly a new video on the Fantom-G

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
2TIM316

Possibly a new video on the Fantom-G

Post by 2TIM316 »

http://www.roland.com/synth/Fantom/movies.html

Also, on www.rolandus.com there is a .pdf brochure on the Fantom-G when you go to the product page and click the support tab.

Just a few crumbs but at least it's something.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Possibly a new video on the Fantom-G

Post by Artemiy »

SRUT, BUT...

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

2TIM316:

I do NOT think that this is a new video, I think it is simply the main video we all know:

http://www.rolandus.com/flash/player/?p ... iew_hd.flv

...only cut up into three chunks.

Running time for the main video is: 9:12
while the added up running time for your three "new" is 9:12. Quelle surprise! ;-)

Roland does this quite often, it was just yesterday when I had a look at the V-Synth website. And the videos over there are cut up as well.

But thanks you for the link to the brochure, this was really new!
GregC

Post by GregC »

zzzzzzz

Would be nice to really hear the product instead of all the ' steroid marketing ' by Roland

Seems like the G and possibly the GX has a ways to go
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Sorry SRUT, but the brochure isn't new either: this time it is a second use from their Artists views page...
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Typical Roland. You'd think they could come up with a development blog somewhere to at least keep us posted on the progress. I have nothing against it taking some time, but I think current and potential customers should be kept in the loop. And don't tell me they couldn't whip together some MP3 examples even from what they had at the NAMM show. That would go a long way to keeping many of us pacified.
GregC

Post by GregC »

we tore into ' better communication ' on jimK's ' Fantom G no sound '
thread
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Yes, and I agree completely with 2Tim316 and you. But it is obvious that this forum - which is very nice for support exchange - doesn't have the proper level to work as platform for the exchange of critical feedback, not even if it is meant constructive. It works only as technical help and as blue eyed Roland fan base.

Nevermind, just say what you think just like I will continue to do. And let's just stay relaxed doing so, knowing there won't happen much here on the mentioned constructive critisism level. I at least will reduce my opinion to some casual remarks and not waste my time with real arguing anymore. Wrong adress :-)
GregC

Post by GregC »

LOL, you sound bitter. BTW, its good to be idealistic.

What Roland needs ( at a minimum) is a web site where actual Roland customers can talk to experienced and knowledgeable Roland customer service reps

What a shocking idea :D

It would be easy to validate ' Roland customers ' . Once they acquire a new Roland product(s), they would be granted access to the site.

I don't feel Roland owes an answer to every Internet Warrior on the planet. That would not be practical.
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

No, not bitter at all, I'm feeling fine, just evaluating what has a chance to go on here and what not, and reducing wasted time... ;-)
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Greg, it has amazed me since 2003 that Roland has not taken this step. I've always thought, since Artemio's site wound up taking off so well over the first couple of years, that Roland should have just taken a much more active role here. We don't need another "official" Roland web site. We just need Roland reps to join here and participate regularly, including providing all manner of media regarding their new products. Why they still seem to shy away is a mystery to me.
GregC

Post by GregC »

yes, Roland reps must be shy.

That might be a question on a job application;

" Are you shy ? "

My answer would be NO

I guess that't why I don't work for shy companies
:D