FANTOM G USB MEMORY BACK-UP POSSIBLE!

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
V-CeeOh

Re: FANTOM G USB MEMORY BACK-UP POSSIBLE!

Post by V-CeeOh »

Septimo
If you pay attention to your reading ;-) you'll see that I just asked for you BOTH to
stop adressing at each other about this
. As for the rest, your last post says it all :-)
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Septimo,

I have no problem at all with you evaluating things other than others. Just the opposite, it's sometimes very welcome to get some fresh air into discussions with lots of brand fans on board. So don't feel repudiated when you get contradiction.

I still stay with my car comparison view and say:
- the step from the S to the X was originally marginal, and I know some good keyboarders who still gig with their S, because it has nearly the same sounds and sound quality plus almost the same user interface as the original X (colour LCD is nice but shows no other structure). Only after the last major OS upgrade for the X the difference became remarkable - for those who really want to use sampling and audio features. This was the moment my "S" friends began waiting for - the follower of the X ;-)

To stay in my car comparison: S to riginal X was like from 50s to 60s Beetle (better motor, more comfortable interior), and after the audio upgrade it was like from Beetle to Golf (new modern car in same car class). But to me the jump from X to G is no upgrade within the same class or engine platform (like the step from S to X definitely was), but from one platform to another one, leading to a totally other level of workflow both in live situations and in studio.

I even agree that the G (not the new engine) might have quite a short product cycle: it is too obvious that its weak point is the principally missing flexibility of being able to add fresh, fast accessible waveforms, as far as we know by now. Users will add more wishes to the new concept - I know one user who will firmly insist on the necessesity of doubled polyphony for performing big projects (and he is right for that purpose!) ;-), and others, who will say it's ridiculous to run more than 6-8 audio tracks on slow RAM with completely outdated specs.

Nevertheless the G from my view plays in a completely other league than all of those S and X, both in live and studio *use*. Add a sound engine where we only debate to which degree it will sound more clear and punchy (not if from my view), and the only open question for comparison remaining is the quality of the soundset on board.

So we just can agree to disagree, as regularly will happen with many views exchanged here, but that's surely no reason to stop exchanging in a friendly way...
The Audacity Works

Post by The Audacity Works »

Septimo,

That big "list" post of yours could've been so cool had you not... well, kinda been an ass. I actually always liked your posts, whether I agreed with them or not.

We'll all see the Fantom-G in a month or two and we'll finally get to see what all the fuss is about, good and/or bad. If this is truly a "my list is bigger than yours" thing, I have no doubt when we actually gain access to a manual, the X —> G's differences will number in the many hundreds. Again, remember, we're comparing OS 2.10 (three years of development/updates) with what a couple dudes remembered from checking out an very early beta version at a noisy trade show.
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Audacity...I apologise for being the ass when being provoked by you....I always knew there were more points in that X list than you were typing on...but I never wanted to list them becuse they mean nothing really to the final sound...and everytime I said something against the G you'd bust out the list of every little detail ( some good most meaningless )to let me know that what I was thinking or saying was wrong without really seeing my point.....Like you said about the foley...sometimes you like to type things not to sway the mind of the oponent, but to instead do it for entertainment....that's why after everytime you'd rply I would only engaged for a little while and say to myself..I know what he's doing...just drop it....I'd say something again, and there you would come again doing what I would enterperate as entertainment and bust out the list and tell everyone that I don't know what I'm saying. and pressing the issue by saying things like "well Septimo, lets see if I missed something with the X" and "C'mon Septimo add to the unaddable list"...and all those in buying a G see the same thing..and you knowing that is what made you tell me these things..so it wasn't just for you..it's actually to all of you felling that way.but do you see how bootyism creates more bootyism? Was I wrong in how I said things probably...the difference is you do it in a more candid way, and my way is more direct and to the point with more ouchies...

So let's get this straight....I agree with you that the G will be a way better machine then the X...I'd be stupid to disagree, but does it make the X obsolete? Absolutely not..the X will last well through and even past the lifespan of the G and no list is going to change that...to those who think that the X will be obsolete when the G appears, then also to those people the G is already obsolete and they have no clue about it...And you have to admit that the lifesapan according to hardware specs looks short. Maybe I'm wrong but I've been in this situation with Roland before and I don't think I'll let this happen with the G...(the S and the XT just give up and go to the next without exploring the possibilities).... again That don't mean that the list is no good or that im saying that the G will not be any good...somehow what I was saying was being turned into that though. I don't know how......I think I made my point clear....we'll have to wait and see what it sounds like...so far all I hear is Fantom X.....but if we have to A and B it to hear the difference, then chances are the sound won't be critically different....not while the waves are the same anyway....anyone not being biased should know this.......Ahhh...I don't care anymore....okay...dropped...

Well one thing is for sure here at Fantomized.....When we disagree with each other we do a great job at it....but also the opposite is true when a trolls like foleycore show up we all spear them out in a unified way...at least there are places where we do agree.:) Thanks foley...

So Audacity, other than this issue...I agree with almost everything you say...I would say 97% of the time..thats not so bad is it? again I apologise publicly for being a bit rough around the edges my freind...but my position still stands on this.

My fantom brothers......I love all of you...:^)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

what were the differences between the Fantom-S and Fantom X?
•64 vs. 128 polyphony
•Monochrome vs. color screen, but "pretty much" (yeah comming from an S user) the same interface
•8 audio tracks (2.0 or above)
•512MB Smart Media storage vs. 1GB CF card + PC adapter storage
•256MB max RAM vs. 512MB max RAM
•No proper multisampling vs. marginally usable multisampling (2.0 or above) (had to be an S user)
•Some new retooled patches (S user BS)
•A dedicated PIANO MODE button on the X6 and X7
•Clipboard function switched from copying/pasting pad settings to bookmarking pages
•Can delete songs without having to go into the File Utility Menu (2.0 or above)
•Can apply FX to input while sampling/recording audio (2.1 or above)

What else?

•Dedicated track mutes via pads
•Instant switching of arp styles via pads
•Instant switching of ryth styles via pads
•Instant switching of chord mem via pads
•Rolled chord
•New waves and wave bank not present in S including the famous Piano.
•was able to upgrade full 4 SRX while still being able to fully upgrade ram
•transmit midi via usb
•being able to type names via pads over scrolling
•being able to punch in exact parameter numbers(any parameter) via pads over scrolling
•being able to punch in exact waveform numbers via pads over scrolling.
•being able to choose what track edit you want via pads
•I think zoom edit mode wasn't in the S...this one could be yours...
•two or three new patch banks --don't remember what S went to was it E or F? X went to I...
•Sample Gain, fine tune.[ is that two? we'll keep it one..
•BPM Calculator
•Changeable color scheme
•Help menu
•Glossary
The Audacity Works

Post by The Audacity Works »

Right on.

To be honest, when I asked for more differences between the S and X, it was completely legitimate. I knew there was other stuff, and thanks for adding to the list. I'll add them to mine.

Cheers. Now I just can't wait for a new MV so we can do this all over again. :)
Septimo

LOL/;D

Post by Septimo »

Your right....when the New MV come out we can spar again...:D and as long as we comes out the way we do in the end, we should be fine...

Take care man...
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Ahhhh! I love it when there is a happy ending! =)

Cheers!
PiaKnowGuy

http://www.piaknow.com