FANTOM G USB MEMORY BACK-UP POSSIBLE!

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
piaknowguy

FANTOM G USB MEMORY BACK-UP POSSIBLE!

Post by piaknowguy »

Translated from Japanese!
USB AUDIO/USB MIDI USB AUDIO / USB MIDI compatible. USB USB memory backup is possible.

Fantom-G6 USB AUDIO Fantom-G6, but Fantom-X had been equipped with a USB MIDI features, the new feature is also equipped with a USB AUDIO. DAW DAW software and audio in real-time between sending and receiving. Of course, PCs and also supports file transfer. DAW VSTi is supplied with a dedicated editor / AU also supports plug-ins, powerful PC software and integrated DAW.
Also, USB host terminal can be connected to the USB memory. Data and project data such as patches save / load can be.
Check out where it says "DAW software and audio in real-time between sending and receiving."

Cheers!
PiaKnowGuy

http://www.piaknow.com

Radek

Re: FANTOM G USB MEMORY BACK-UP POSSIBLE!

Post by Radek »

An another way of doing backups will be just putting an USB memory stick into a PC from Fantom-G. Couldn't be easier...
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hey piaknowguy, thanks
mmm, I don't know if I understood that right.

I also don't know if this is related but this screenshot from the Roland Japan site also left me wondering...

Notice the VSTi/AU Plug In Editor at Favorite #11
SRUT, BUT...

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

...and what is "Supreme Keyboard Fell & Action??

;-)
onearm

Post by onearm »

I think the Supreme Keyboard 'Fell' & Action is the same as the add in this month's "Keyboard" magazine (if anyone saw it in the back classifieds) for a 'Cork' 01W-FD for sale. Who the heck is 'Cork'? ;-)

onearm
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

VSTi:
This simply means you can run the G as VSTi within your software sequencer - just like my Access TI! This way you get total integration between software DAW jobs, FantomG sequencing and live play! Great!!
The Audacity Works

Post by The Audacity Works »

The Fantom S and X could back up to external SM/CF media and the G simply uses USB memory sticks instead. This we already knew.

The G can act as an audio interface for all DAWs except ProTools LE/M-Powered (which require Digi or M-Audio interfaces). This we already knew.

The G cannot record audio in realtime to the USB key—Unless something's changed, but I don't read anything there which implies that.
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Have I gotten this right?
Not allowing any on-the-fly audio-recording lasting longer?
That would be quite a drawback, wouldn't it?
If I can record a guitar track only sitting at my PC, I can as well record it there anyway.

I still hope I misunderstood something ;-)
The Audacity Works

Post by The Audacity Works »

Jimknopf:
Not allowing any on-the-fly audio-recording lasting longer?
Longer than the X? If you don't use a computer, the G still records all audio to RAM. This is 512MB per project, not total, which is a big advantage over the X.
If I can record a guitar track only sitting at my PC, I can as well record it there anyway.
Absolutely. Anyone who's bought a Mac in the last four years has GarageBand, and the Fantom-G allows you to record directly to your computer. For PC users, there's always Audacity as a free download.

No, I've been Audacity Works since '92. They ripped me off. :)
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Sounds silly, but with all this talk about usb and Flashcards I completely forgot about good old (slightly outdated) RAM still playing a role in the new device, and tried to imagine recording 24 audio tracks to 32Mb ;-)

512Mb will certainly do for my purposes. But people trying to do whole projects with more than 8 audio tracks on the G might run into problems, looking at loading times...
Septimo

But people trying to do whole projects with more than 8 audi

Post by Septimo »

Don't worry Jim...this will be taken care of in the next model after the G....

I'm so excited about it I think I will send Roland or sweetwater $2500 for the concept 'V6' board today...It would be the same as purchasing one still in the making. no?..maybe? just a slightly longer wait. limitations will be part of the past by then.... ;-)

I see this G like I saw the S after the original Fantom...totally blowing the normal fantom away but only a stepping stone to the next thing which was the X..I'm not sure this model will last four years. What do they have up their sleeve is what you'll have to wonder...and you know damn well roland is quick to drop something and jump to the next...especially since the hardware isn't upgradeable...they'll have 4 arx slots, 256 of polyphony, a gig or more of ram...touch screen and a bunch of other bells and whistles they didn't add here so they can sell you next....this one here is just to stay in the race before they perfect the one they got in the lab. I think that's why most of these hardware specs stayed the same...How long did the S last before they went to unleash the beast in the lab? a year?

2010 is almost here, then I'll get my "Fantom-V"! Check is in the mail baby....Woo-hoo!!!
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Oh, and #9 and #10 on that list should not have been even mentioned...Should have stuck with what was the "new" levels of "power" and luxury....IMHO...
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

Arh Septimo always the cynic ;-)
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

Actually I am behind you 100%

I 2 the cynic U C.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

I want a Fantom V now...thanks!

If it comes out next year...I better start saving up now, so I can quickly upgrade... :-(