1 Oasys or 2 G's

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
stanley

Re: 1 Oasys or 2 G's

Post by stanley »

2G's is a dumb idea...

id prefer my X + OASYS 7....the karma is a lot of magic which even 10G's wont give you....Just my decision:)))
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

I have the Motif rack and I have never needed it to supplement my X over the years with it...I tried the ES and it was no more helpful...I have let a friend usey my Motif Rack since I don't use it.

I think the G will do a lot by itself...It will take a while to decide what, if anything, would be an extra help for the music I do.

We'll see.
thekeymaster

Post by thekeymaster »

I gotta admit,I'm gonna be lucky in that I will be using the G7 and the OASYS 76......all the firepower I will need for many a year me thinks.

So looking forward to using the two together,I actually think Korg and Roland sounds complement each other well.

Madahorn,I think your reasons for wanting the G are quite valid,the ARX's,the workflow,live mode,more FX etc etc are all the reasons I'm stepping up to the G.Plus its lighter than my X8,which Ive got to consider for gigging purposes.

In fact the G7 and the OASYS together weigh less than my X8 in a full flight case.
CJoy

Post by CJoy »

Does anyone know if either the Motif Rack ES or the new rack XS support multisampling?
Radek

Post by Radek »

Does anyone know if either the Motif Rack ES or the new rack XS support multisampling?
They don't support RAM memory at all therefore only multisamples they can use are those build in PCM ROM.
CJoy

Post by CJoy »

OK, thank you.

Just wondering about a good companion rack synth/sampler with multisampling in case the G never gets the option.
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

get 2 Oasys and 1 G...
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

and a Partridge in a Pear Tree!