G Accessories

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
madAhorn

G Accessories

Post by madAhorn »

I bought a short 4 gig USB stick.(so it doesn't hang too far out the back of the G)

A USB Mouse

An extra Foot Switch

Not memory yet...I think I have that covered.

Maybe a new Gig Bag.

Once the G gets here, I will be ready to roll!

I guess it is kind of like setting up the babies room before the child arrives?
lelo

Madahorn: How will you use It?

Post by lelo »

Iam "Excited For You Too" Iam dreaming everyday about mine.How will you use the Fantom G in your set up,will it become your go to synth to write new songs or just another sounds source.I have a mo 6 and i know it will be used for its anolog synth sounds and sampling for bringing in more drum samples & use those audio tracks for guitars and vocals.I want to use it in a live setting and trigger my backround vocals while i sing.
madAhorn

Re: G Accessories

Post by madAhorn »

I will use the G for arranging songs from beginning to end in the Studio mode.

I will also use the Live mode when I play out. Very important for the way I usually switch patches several times in a tune.

Even with my X, I never needed any external sound source for what I do. I had to work hard to get some things to sound right. The G will make it easier without having to comprimise as much with effects and missing patches from the SRX's I could not fit in the X. I had 4, but 2 or 3 or the others would have come in handy as well for some tunes.

So this will be it, besides some live guitar strumming, vocals and some live horn solo's. To be honest, I am very happy with the Horn Sections in the the Fantoms, but solo stuff, never.

I usually use my Yamaha DSP Factory Filled computer or my Yamaha 16G for Audio, but it will be fun to experiment with the G in this regard also.

Ask away, if you have any other questions. I could not think of anything else right now.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

You mentioned background vocals...

I just ordered the Digitec Vocalist Live 4 for my wifes Birthday. She plays guitar and sings, so it will be perfect for her.

Very fun..Most of my songs, so far, do not need many background vocals.

I hope I don't steal it from her like I did her electric guitar! :-o
lelo

Post by lelo »

I was looking at a smaller version a desk top i belive it was by digitech. I also was looking at the TC-Helicon VoiceLive
foot pedal, it's about 799.00,, sounds good but a bit pricey.
That "Live Mode" iam really going to check out on the fantom G.I would like to create my own drum arps so i can play on top of them and load songs i write in the favorites list so i can play live.I love useing the RPS function to trigger patters,but in the "G" case it will be phrases,it's whole lot fun,especially when there's a part in a song you want to continue,you hit that
key that has that pattern or phrase you are singing to and you can keep going on and on ifyou want.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

Great...I never did even attempt to use or understand RPS, therefore, the G will be a godsend to me.

The only RPS I enjoyed (and still do) is the B4 Real organ!
Of course, I did not have to program it.
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

>>>G Accessories

madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

Darn...I forgot about that...

Actually, I go to a fabric store and buy a sheet of leatherlike vinyl with a felt backing.
It is not only dust proof, but waterproof. Nice...
cgreene

Post by cgreene »

I'm getting either a G6 or G7 but it looks like I'll have to get another ROAD CASE. The SKB case with wheels is a perfect fit for the S and X series, but they have changed the measurements of the G.
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

You know what it's like fellas, you been on your G for 6-7 hours without a break and woah you suddenly realize your neck aching, your backs aching and you know you need a break, chill out, relax.
Well these are Roland afilliated accessories that you can purchase from any good Roland stockist;

Slip into these fellas'

And then maybe a sip of the old nectar,

Now it's back to creatin that masterpiece!
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

You truly are a "solitary" man.... ;-)

Seriously now...I did not know the dimensions have changed from the X to the G?
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

MadaHorn ,
Hey you tellin me you won't be purchasin these great accessories?
You don't have to have em that colour and they come in three sizes SR-JV80, SRX and ARX.

You know the girlfriends out, your lonely and hey you need to relax. Its only natural to get close to your femine side every now and then.8-)
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

very solitary indeed...much more solitary than I am inclined to get!
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

LOL!
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Another G accessorie
When you really need to play but don't have one..