Which USB drives/ 1GB RAM DIMMs work with the Fantom G?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
grace25

Re: Which USB drives/ 1GB RAM DIMMs work with the Fantom G?

Post by grace25 »

canadave wrote:I think I figured it out!!!

My Patriot, for some reason, had TWO partitions--a 200MB partition, and a partition taking up the remaining free space. I re-partitioned it in Mac's Disk Utility as ONE partition, formatted it there as well as FAT, and then took it to be formatted in the Fantom....and it works!!! AWESOME.
Hey would that work on windows 7 pc 64bit? I'm on windows platform and i'm thinking of buying that one as well. Did you got 8GB out of it? Let me know as soon as possible. Thanks.
Iano C

Post by Iano C »

I'm using a 16gb Medion usb drive, bought in Aldi.
Works perfectly, although loading times are a tad slower.
krupa809

Post by krupa809 »

Can somebody just simply this and just provide the model and product information for a 1GB RAM that's compatible with the Fantom G-8?

Thank you so much!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

krupa809 wrote:Can somebody just simply this and just provide the model and product information for a 1GB RAM that's compatible with the Fantom G-8?

Thank you so much!

168-Pin SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, 3.3v, 512Mb or 1Gb in size
RickDeckard

Post by RickDeckard »

Hi there, found myself two new very precious additions to the list of the compatible USB flash drives that work perfectly with my G6. It looks that today it's easier to find a compatible USB drive for my G6 than 4 or 5 years back. That's a very good thing.

SanDisk Cruzer Fit:
http://www.sandisk.com/products/usb/drives/cruzer-fit/
Checked both 8GB and 16GB versions, fully compatible, saves samples like a champ. Currently working with the 8GB one. This one is not so fast, though. But the true advantage is its virtually noexistent footprint. It really looks as there is no USB flash drive inserted. Great for careless bandmates during gigs or rehersals.

Transcend JetFlash 520S:
http://www.transcend-info.com/products/ ... ?modno=407
This one is a sure keeper. I've bought the 32GB version and is the fastest than anything I've tried so far. Fully ccompatible, saves samples excellently, and loads and saves projects at lightspeed. Extra bonus: really sturdy, claims that it can withstand all kinds of misuse (water splashes, strong vibrations etc).

i like it
Both drives tested with OS version 1.50.
Pianoman1996J

Post by Pianoman1996J »

I use a Kingston DTSE9 16GB flash drive. It works great and I haven't had any problems with it yet.
crooner

Post by crooner »

why don't wave files play straight from my computer