Fantom-G tips and tricks collection

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
piaknowguy

Re: Fantom G TIPS AND TRICKS

Post by piaknowguy »

To further ellaborate on 'Branko's earlier post, a cool feature is the 'MASTER KEY' shift function.

Hold the [shift] button while pressing your S1 or S2 switches located above the pitch bend. Assign S1 to MASTER KEY DOWN and S2 to MASTER KEY UP. You can now transpose all tracks on-the-fly without affecting the percussion track. These changes can also be easily recorded into your sequencer song using Sysex messages. Just press record and start transposing. =)

Just a tip - Immediate jumps to any interval can be made by tranposing in semitone increments, erasing all but the last Sysex message, and then moving the last message to the desired location in the sequence.

Cheers!
PiaKnowGuy
Please listen to 'Pirates' done entirely on the Fantom X8

PiaKnow
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Metronome routing issues? Check out this thread.

PiaKnowGuy
Film Score Demo
PiaKnow
cyclops

Post by cyclops »

Saving global Mastering Processor settings without going into System

While the Mastering processor is separately set for each and every Studio set, it is only globally set for Live and Single mode.
When at the Mastering Processor page, accessed from Live or Single mode, make all necessary settings. Then press the "WRITE" button, the red one located at the upper left of the cursor/dial buttons. The "System Write Completed" message appears on the screen. All data related to the Mastering Proccesor have been saved into memory.

Now, what's so special about this that makes it a tip or a trick?
Normally, all System settings have to be changed stored only from System mode. For every change made, we have to visit System mode every time, so that it's stored in flash memory (internal or USB, depending on the loaded project). This is done by going into System then pressing "F7: System Write" command.
With this one, you don't have to enter System mode at all. It's done from its own screen. Simply press the WRITE button.
fantomCK

Re: Fantom-G tips and tricks collection

Post by fantomCK »

KEEPING YOUR HAND NEAR THE ALPHA DIAL

i dont like moving my hand away from the alpha dial (the silver wheel) when in pro edit mode.....
i found that holding shift and then pressing the up or down arrow does the same thing as ...group/up(f1) and group/down(f2)....i dont have to move my hand while editing......CK
fantomCK

Post by fantomCK »

PLEASE LIST MY CHOICES.....

in pro edit mode.....once your on the parameter you wish to edit, press enter for a the list of choices you can make to the parameter.....this works really well when choosing a wave.....its nice to have a wave name list instead of just number.......CK

ps if you use a mouse right click the parameter....
KEYS88

Post by KEYS88 »

HOW TO LOCATE UNDO

1st Hold down the SHIFT Then Hit EXIT Button..
That is how to do UNDO ..
crooner

Post by crooner »

Help!!
was wondering if this can be done.

I have vienna instruments with great string sounds I want to record on my Roland G8. Can I take the speaker out jack on my sound card and record what is happening on the player in windows 7 machine?
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

If ou wish to record into the G8, run the output of your audio card to the L/R inputs of the FG and record an audio track.
You may also be able to record direct digitally in your computer with a program such as Audacity.. then if you want it in the FG you can transfer the wav file.
crooner wrote:Help!!

I have vienna instruments with great string sounds I want to record on my Roland G8. Can I take the speaker out jack on my sound card and record what is happening on the player in windows 7 machine?
crooner

Post by crooner »

I tried the aux out on my sound card. its funny cause I can hear when a song(mp3) is playing on windows media player but not the string sounds of vienna instruments when plugged into the l-r inputs of the RG8
Ghost76

Post by Ghost76 »

presumably you're using the G8 as a MIDI trigger? is there any output settings on your soft synth?
Quinnx.

How to copy Multi-Samples

Post by Quinnx. »

Okay guys and gals..

Here is a procedure I have been working on to copy your multisamples between projects....

Using a USB Flash drive..
Lets assume your project name is MYPROJECT1
Load myproject1 that contains the multisample/patch you wish to copy.

Examine the multisample and note the samples used on to a piece of paper or something else..

Press Menu/file utility
Use copy to copy those samples from myproject1/SMPL to myproject2/SMPL

Exit
Press menu/USB STORAGE
Using your pc rename myproject1 to myprojectx
rename myproject2 to myproject1

Exit UsbStorage mode

Goto your patch and edit multisample
choose write multisample
and choose a slot to write it.
This should now write the multisample definition to the renamed project
If you want to you should be able to also write the patch too.

Once done
goto

Menu/project/Load Project
and reload the now named Myproject1 and your multisample/Patch should be available for you to use.

You can later once again rename myproject1 back to its original name myproject2 and myprojectx to myproject1
both project should now have your multisample/patch

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!! :)
crooner

Post by crooner »

Mystic38 wrote:If ou wish to record into the G8, run the output of your audio card to the L/R inputs of the FG and record an audio track.
You may also be able to record direct digitally in your computer with a program such as Audacity.. then if you want it in the FG you can transfer the wav file.
crooner wrote:Help!!

[/qu

Yes vienna instruments have several ouputs including windows audio. can I use USB streaming of G8 to puter back to G8 thru soft synth.......loop g8 back to record audio
Quinnx.

Tip:

Post by Quinnx. »

How to Setup the G to control external synths with transpose and octive shift enabled for each channel..

1) Select your studio set that you are going to use
2) Goto external editor
3) From the pc launch the Fantom pc editor
4) From the pc editor choose external all parameters
5) Set each external channel transpose and or octive shift to the setting you want
when you are happy with your setting from the fantom press WRITE

This will write the studio set make the settings permanent

Now any time in the future you can recall this studio set and all your octive shifts and transpose settings will also be recalled and your external gear will play exactly! as you want them..
Vola! ;-)
StEv0

Post by StEv0 »

Memory Full Issue.
Had a hunt on the forum to see if this has been posted but there are like 17 pages of memory Full when searched, so forgive me if it has been covered already...

After 2 years of suffering the intermittent Memory Full issue when I try to save a Song or Samples to the USB memory, I have finally figured out how to get round it. I thought it was just a write issue between the Fantom G and the (unsupported as it aint Roland) USB memory.

I always have my Fantom hooked up to my PC at home via the 'Computer' USB connection on the Fantom for midi to Cubase etc. I have discovered that when I start to get erroneous errors during writing songs, samples, phrases, multisamples etc that if I unplug the 'Computer' USB cable from the Fantom then, hey presto, problem solved. Any further saving to the USB memory works without issue.

I have no clue why this would resolve anything in that department, but it works for me.
Perhaps if you have this problem under the same set of circumstances, then you could try this fix and post back if it resolves the problem (or not).

Cheers

Stevo..
tobydewa

Post by tobydewa »

Hello,
i'm just a new member , and sorry for my bad english.
I've just got my fantom g8 now for a week, but by mistake i downloaded some user samples that i dont need, it seems to me like they're demos for the arx or something. is there way i can delete them with the fantom itself? i tried somany things, but i cant get these patch removed!!! can someone help me please? also i looked in the manual, but there's nothing explaind for this problem.
please help me.
thank you
greetings
Toby