A New User Piano!

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
IgorCristo

Re: A New User Piano!

Post by IgorCristo »

I have made a little demo of this piano (The Real Grand 2.0). It's a interpretation of Chopin's Prelude Op28 No4. I think it shows the great sound of this great work from BoricuaRoland.
WAV - http://www.4shared.com/file/255314346/5b14bb74/Prelude_...
MP3 - http://www.4shared.com/file/255316369/53940cec/Prelude_...
petefaint

Post by petefaint »

Thanks!
BoricuaRoland

Post by BoricuaRoland »

Hey Guys, just wanted to thnk Kenchan for his revisions for the Real Grand, and everybody who downloaded this multisample. Im thinking about updating this project to 2.5 for this update i will need some of you guys to make your own revisions like kenchan did. This will be a great thing to do. So... ill see what you guys think.
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

boricuaroland- im definitely up to the challenge, please let me play with your v2.5!!! (^_^)b
BoricuaRoland

Post by BoricuaRoland »

kenchan, can you give me your e-mail?
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

so this is the same patch/samples as before but lighter?
EKOCH

Post by EKOCH »

I have downloaded the file and unzipped it, now what? so many files but none that end in .prj that i can load on my zip drive. How do i get this piano patch to play?
Rieg

Post by Rieg »

Hi,

I have followed this tread but choosed to wait downloading this piano patch until it "matured". Well, now I have downloaded it and I will also say a big thank you to BoricuaRoland, Kenchan and all who has contributed making this patch as good as it is.

Now it's my turn to contribute a little and I hope this can help some of you. The following tweaks are only valid for FG 6 and 7 with unweighted keys. In my G6 with it's unweighted keys, I found it too easy to push the keys too hard sometimes while I played naturally. This resulted in sudden (metallic hard hit) volume increases, which I wanted to reduce. So here is what I did:

Go into "Patch Edit" mode, then "Pro Edit", then in the left group menu scroll down to the 2'nd line at "Wave". In here, set the wave gain as follows.

New Settings:
Tone1: +12 ----- Tone2: +12 ----- Tone3: +6 ----- Tone4: 0
Note: A value of zero does NOT turn off the volume, it just reduces it (no amp).
Leave the other Wave settings as they are.

In the "Patch Edit"/"Pro Edit" screen, then in the left group menu, now scroll down to the 3'rd line at "TMT".

For each of the 4 tones, it is possible to set the lower and upper velocity range. The last 2 tones (tone 3 and tone 4) are those which are the most metallic in nature (and should be too but _ONLY_ by strong keypresses). The problem is that these last tones (tone 3 & 4) are triggered too easily by normal playing, so it needs to be corrected.
New settings:
Velocity Range Lower: 5 44 121 125
Velocity Range Upper: 44 121 124 127
Leave the other TMT settings as they are.

Remember to save the patch back, or as a new user patch.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition to the above, I also made a new ambient piano version user patch of the Real Grand 2:
If FG 6 or FG 7, Use the above settings for Wave and TMT to start with.
Name: Amb Real Grand 2

The only changes are done in the PFX, Reverb and Routing parts.

Push the Effects Routing button. Change the original PFX setting
from: 01 Equalizer to: 29: 3D Chorus (leave the default Chorus settings as they are for 3D Chorus).

In the Routing screen, the 2'nd button from the bottom/left, set it to 64

Still In the routing screen, select Reverb. Change it from 10 Church to 07 Hall. (leave the default Reverb settings as they are for Hall).

Save the patch as: Amb Real Grand 2 or something.

-Rieg-
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

These are very good tweaks to this great patch. I have been gigging and recording with this piano a lot after merging the project with my live sets and phrases. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to download any of Kenchan's patches before the attachements were disabled. I would love to try those. Are they available anywhere to download?
Rieg

Post by Rieg »

@Lenny

The Real Grand 2 patch are available here: http://rapidshare.com/files/345572481/The_Real_Grand_2.0.rar

This is a packed .rar file containing a project, the project also contains some other patches. I used Yase and exported the Real Grand 2 patch as RealGrand2.PRG. Then I opened one of my own projects in Yase and just imported it here. The current Yase version contains a bug, so it won't import the routing, pfx or the pro-edit settings from the original project to the new. I have reported this bug back to the folks at Yase and they are working on a fix for this now. However, with a paper and pencil, study and write down the settings for the Real Grand 2 in the original project from the -rar file. Then export/import it to your existing project. Now you have to go through the screens and set the settings as in the original project. A bit manual work yes, but still possible. My tweaks in my previous post here, I put those at the "top" of those from the original project.

-Rieg-
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

the patch eq's were set based on what boricua had on the master eq (compressor) setting...so if you have a flat master eq or different setting you will need to tweak it to your preference.

i put my emphasis on the transition between the layers to make it as smooth as possible. :)
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Since the link has expire...
anyone using flashget can make it available to download
All you need do is FILE:> SHARE DISK FILE
And then paste link here
example:

flashget://W0ZMQVNIR0VUXWZsYXNoZ2V0eDovL3xtaHRzfFFrRk9RVTVCVWtGTlFWOHRYME5TVlVWTVgxTlZUVTFGVWk1dGNETT18NTAxOTc3M3wxMzM2NzY2MEE0QUU3Q0ZGNUM4RDUzNTFGOUM1MEEzQXxwcml2YXRlc2hhcmV8L1tGTEFTSEdFVF0=

this is a local mp3
copy and paste
use flashget to download
Flumpster

Post by Flumpster »

and destroy the forum layout in the process ;)
thextreme1

Post by thextreme1 »

I finally had a chance to sit with this patch tonight and it is incredible. One step closer to perfection for the Fantom G. A little bassie, but nothing that cant be fixed within the EQ. I'd like to thank you for this. It is nice to know that, at least, the community cares to keep expanding on the greatness of this keyboard. Now that I got a chance to play with this great piano patch, I cant wait to try out the Artemy patches that I bought a few months back.

This brings new life into the keyboard I was down on just a few weeks back, due to frustration with the piano patches.

Thank you again.
apex

Post by apex »

I'm re-downloading this sample now. (I can't seem to find the file from where I did it the first time...)

Have any of you tried this sample/patch layered with some strings or brass sounds? .... or even some nice Electric Piano sounds....

If so, what's the verdict?