kenchan

Re: A New User Piano!

Post by kenchan »

ooops....

Kens RGrand EP1 (tines) attached....
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

..and ofcourse we all need a piano mixed with D50 EP for those mid-late 80's tracks. :p

Kens RGrand EP2 (brighter sound than EP1)
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

...anyways, hope you guys like them. :p
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

i updated to v1.31 since roland claimed they had new piano's... they do, just crappy ones. :D hahaha.

the boricuaroland piano (version N) is still FAR BETTER than any of the new piano's they came up with. :)
Ekseption

Post by Ekseption »

Hi!

It's my first post here, but I need some help. I can't make pianos from this threat work on my Fantom G8! I dowload mid file, import it to Fantom G Editor when my laptop is connected with Roland via USB cable. The name of the patch on the G8 screen changes, but't when i hit a key i can hear nothing. I have no problem with other patches I download from Open Archive. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
BoricuaRoland

Post by BoricuaRoland »

Hi. Ekseption! First you need to have at least 512mb of RAM, then you need to download "The Real Grand 2.0.prj" and load it in your FG. Now you can import theese .mid files, play and hear The Real grand.
Ekseption

Post by Ekseption »

Thank you for your reply! I'll try to do what you told and see what happens ;)
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

it takes my G8 total about 3min to load at startup, so be patient. :D hahahahaha.

you also need a USB drive to run this piano as the onboard flash memory is too small. you wont be able to save the entire project in the 'Internal Memory.'

this is why roland needs to make a ARX version of their latest and greatest sampled piano.
Lodi

Post by Lodi »

Wow... thank you, Boricua. I had convinved myself that I didn't mind a few of the piano patches. I loaded this up on the G8 this morning and fell in love. I Look forward to trying some of Kenchan's mods, but I don't know how to load those parameters. Also, I'm new to this forum and keyboards workstations in general and have had enough questions about my G8 to bring me to you guys, so "Hi, everyone" and thanks for all the info so far! I'll be visiting a lot, as I'm constantly baffled by some of the tools at my disposal now. I can't even get sample truncate to respond to any commands currently...
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

lodi just install the CDR that came with your fantom on your computer, hook up the fantom and after you down load the mid files from here, go to file/import and off you go. :p
Lodi

Post by Lodi »

Thanks, kenchan! Can't wait to try your unending permutations. :)
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

hahaha, yah, im a nut for piano sounds off digital keyboards.... been my goal since my first keyboard back in the early 80's, so ive been doing this for a little while. :p
audiofreak

Post by audiofreak »

Where is the link to Real Piano 2.0 i really liked your first one
Noragen

Post by Noragen »

Hi,

could anyone tell me how to load/activate the piano of kenchan (Kens_RGrand_(N).mid) f.e.) into the G?
Do i need a sysex-tool? Or how is it done? Please step by step XD

BTW. I tried the "The Real Grand 2.0",
(here the link again: http://rapidshare.com/files/345572481/The_Real_Grand_2.0.rar )
which is overkilling my Sample-RAM. :-D
Some keys would not work then *g*

Is there a way to compress it to the half without to much loss of quality?
I have only 288MB (256+32) at time. :(

Inspite of it it is an awesome work. Thanks for it!

Thank you all in advance :)

UPDATE:
I tried to load the 203792-Kens_RGrand_(N).mid with the Fantom G-Editor to the G, but i hear definitly nothing XD, inspite to
203797-Kens_RGrand_EP_1.mid
and
203798-Kens_RGrand_EP_2.mid
which works when i open them, they are send to the G.

Ideas?
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

Yah, you really need to get a bigger RAM installed for the RealPiano to play correctly. You hear EP because the EP is using waveforms in the Fantom's ROM for Tone1. The 3 other elements (Tone 2 to 4) are from the Real Grand sample.