FG 7 Stock Clearance Sale at Music Store !!! Any rumors abou

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: FG 7 Stock Clearance Sale at Music Store !!! Any rumors

Post by Artemiy »

Jimknopf, reading you again, you sound like Yamaha or Korg paid you for this post ;-)
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

woo, now i have a one and only G7... well, not quite. hahaha. :D

i really dont care if roland discontinued the G7 or not. i already have mine. :p
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

Nah, there are people doing it for free :) Now seriously, I think there's no danger in hearing such posts now and then, it's only annoying when this happens on a daily basis. If I were you I would be delighted each time someone asks for support because that means Roland has sold a(nother) piece. If this is pain, imagine the grief when nobody will ever ask a thing from Roland part :)
Also, try not to put everybody into the same basket because doing so you risk engrossing the whiners' paradise... dispatch the most evil of them to other "realms" and put a friendly smile towards some of the criticism... (wink)
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

@V-Cee-Oh
"I think you already had the time to understand that none of "these" moderators or fanboys is actually able to help you on your needs."

I had enough time not only to understand that they are not able to help, but that they are more or less unwilling to help to enforce user interests towards Roland. I always appreciated your technical gear skills, but the latter fact always seemed strange and disappointing to me. This includes your whole comment above.

I guess I find Roland's absence from acting responsible ten times more tiring than you find my comments, and of course users should utter their concerns in a forum like this. If this is not possible, or only possible once in the beginning of a product lifecycle, a forum looses a big part of making sense.

@Artemiy
"Jimknopf, reading you again, you sound like Yamaha or Korg paid you for this post ;-) "
Yes, you got me; now that the Fantom G is discontinued, I can reveal that I finally reached my goal... Or what???? %-\

Seriously, a smiley doesn't make this kind of allusions much better. My only goal was to get a Fantom G beyond its totally halfbaked state, and now I know that it will probably stay as halfbaked as it is until the end of its short lifecycle. Have I made a complete fool of myself to expect any serious customer responsibility from managers like those at Roland?

Maybe. Abandoning the Fantom G now, in this lousy state of under-development it is in, would realy mean a barbarian act of pure contempt from Roland towards the shole customer base of their flagship workstation. How could I step into this trap? The only defense I have is stating that I always learn my lessons well... :-)
Diametro

Post by Diametro »

I wonder if this has anything to do with Guitar Center not stocking 76-key Fantoms ... In that context, probably very few FG7s are sold ...

Of course, the same policy applies to M3 and Motif XS ... (and has for years)

Oddly, the local GC has no more M3s or Fan-Gs of any style ... and haven't for several weeks ... However, there's an XS6 and 8 ...

I'll say it again as well (Sorry to be repetitive, but what has Roland done to make things better ... ???) ... Roland really dropped the ball with Fantom-G ...

Roland didn't develop it right (trying too hard to chase a segment that wasn't necessarily theirs ... i.e. live players who in larger numbers seem to prefer Motif for whatever reason that I don't necessarily buy into ... but that's not the issue) by wasting too many resources implementing LIVE MODE ... which trust me, nobody is talking about, and honestly doesn't always seem to work right especially if an arp is involved or the programs are not physically near each other in the program bank ... ) Half the times I demo LIVE MODE (and I spend more time with Fan-G than most), it doesn't work like I intend ... or the end result isn't all that amazing ...

ARX expansion is a FLOP ... so far ... and it doesn't look to be getting better ... (and even so, one can only have two boards of this narrow-but-deep expansion strategy ... )

The soundset, while still good, is clearly the weakest of the Big Three ... which I think is the biggest reason of all this workstation is struggling ... Korg and Yamaha took their soundsets further (and Korg updated theirs) with their latest workstations. Roland went backward by comparison (even if the subjective sound of it improved -- through better converters -- which I am not convinced exists in any meaningful quantity) ....

I think the huge screen was a huge waste of development/production resources and its benefit is highly suspect ... Especially if you're just using it as a performance instrument a la Motif users ... What does some dude playing in a church need that huge mother of screen for ... ???

And then again, the screen still isn't big enough ... I do my DAW editing on a 17" MacBook and I find that not entirely adequate either ... VGA out would have been the answer ... (everyone would be using it since most have an extra monitor laying around and flat panels are so inexpensive now ... But then again, how would THOSE SALES help Roland sell more stuff ... ???)

And still, the sequencer doesn't even begin to approach even basic DAW levels by offering no automation of even simple params like panning and volume on audio tracks ... C'mon ... 2010 and this feature's not available ... ?!?! I could kind-of understand it on Fan-X because audio tracks were an addition ... But on Fan-G ... ??? UTTER FAIL ... Unless it's still coming ... And then I ask ... What took so long ... ???

I really hope Roland comes out with another version of Fantom because the G seems saddled with some really bad decisions/inabilities right out of the box ...

The ONLY thing that's an unqualified improvement in Fan-G are the sliders ... Keep those ... Shrink the screen ... Lose per-part FX and replace with more flexible insert effect configurations (a la Fantom X) ... Ten inserts would be good ... I could handle a "LIVE MODE" with only five parts ... (extra slots could be used for parts that don't need effects ... There are MANY, MANY SRX sounds that don't use effects ... )

And most of all, give us a real BEST OF SRX with an industry leading amount of ROM ... Why does the Fantom always seem to be behind in this category ... ?!?!?

Additionaly, give users a piano they are happy with ... Not one that makes them clamor for an ARX Piano ...

I, too, hope somebody from Roland is reading this ... Although, in my heart, I feel it's getting really late for Fantom-G ...

I'm wondering if Roland might be getting pushed out of the workstation market by a resurgent Kurzweil which very well may get my next workstation dollars (which should have been Roland's) with its K-Series successor, which thankfully is on the way we're told ...

If it has drum pads and proper audio tracks, consider me in ... (as long as the Kurz defects of small screen and old-school UI are rectified) ... I also don't like the way Kurz products look -- purple !?!? -- but I could get over that I suppose ... Hopefully, they will update with new flagship workstation ... )

And I agree, lack of communication is a big downfall at Roland ...

But when there's nothing to report ... better to keep em guessing, I suppose ...
FatBrass

Post by FatBrass »

OK, I shall comment once more before I leave the sandpit.

1. I guess some people find it easy and convenient to hide behind an alias and say things they perhaps wouldn't have IRL , but when it comes to calling others names... Well, what can I say? Am I supposed to be a "fanboy"? Please use my alias or my real name, Jesper, when addressing me, thank you very much.

2. Yes, I often jump on someone who whines and complains in here (and I explain why below...), but (and this is for you, Flumpster) there is always someone else supporting the one who is jumped upon, so I guess that particular discussion can go on forever. In that respect, nobody is better than the other.

3. I also think Roland sucks when it comes to support, and I have said this before. Roland Scandinavia never responded the two times I contacted them, which was a couple of years ago. I haven't had the need to contact any Roland support since, so I couldn't say if it's got any better. BUT, and this is "das Kern des Pudels" (for all you Germans out there...) I still think it's stupid and probably also useless to post complaints in HERE. Even if Roland reps come in here once in a while, they would have got the message by now. The rest of us can't help you making Roland support any better. Why should G-users have to read the complaints over and over again? Is it just because some Roland guy MIGHT read it? I'm pretty sure the results would have been different if you had written as many letters to Roland HQ as you have written posts containing complaints in here. If not, at least you won't be annoying "fanboys" like myself.

FatBrass
Diametro

Post by Diametro »

We shouldn't have to write letters ...

Roland reps should be HERE ... (i.e. we shouldn't have to come to them; they should come to us ... )

That's just good business ... I think Roland may be starting to understand this very slowly ... But I think the internal culture is very reluctant to change tactics ...
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

kinda does make sense though... cakewalk coming in, i think they want to redo the sequencer, do more software based loadable patches, and just release a FantomV. V for virtual... or not. i think they're tired of making expansion boards and want to do more kitty style (neko).
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

FatBrass, it is important that you trust me, that I'm not into some kind of war of revenge thing.

But it is really my conviction that concerns should be expressed anyway anytime, not to nag on some other user's or moderator's nerves, but to speak out and "walk tall" (if you understand my allusion to a piece of music) towards the responsibility of a manufacturer, as far as I can express user concerns in a gear forum. You find that useless, I don't, because I'm sure it reaches Roland one way or the other by users making up their mind about what happens, and by Roland sneaking in casually.

It is the first time I consciously hear from you (this does not exclude you did it earlier!) that Roland sucks for you as well, if it comes to support. I even had a somewhat better experience here, because Roland Germany support alway worked well. But they can't adress my concerns sucessfully towards Roland, as I know by experience.

I really was confident that the Fantom G would be a highly priorized and supported flagship when I bought it. Of course you can say I bought it as it was. I know that argument and knew it then. But in a world where many competitive companies have made a (necessary!) habit of developing advanced synth hardware it was not just a wishful dream to have that trust.

I am now totally disappointed, and in all the gear years I NEVER had such a disappointing flop on such a high basic level as with the Fantom G. From Rhodes over Moogs over analog Polysnths etc. all gear had pros and cons, but I never was that disappointed as I am from the Fantom G story: this was really a lousy bad job from Roland's side. And I really think they are rapidly moving into nowhere land FAR FAR away from user expectations, with more than this one device, right now. The funny thing is, I always wished them success and wanted to enjoy their gear. But after a first disappointment with the A70/A90 masterkeyboard support I'm really done now.

You don't have to agree, but you at least should take my words as sincere.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

@Jimknopf,
I had enough time not only to understand that they are not able to help, but that they are more or less unwilling to help to enforce user interests towards Roland. I always appreciated your technical gear skills, but the latter fact always seemed strange and disappointing to me. This includes your whole comment above.

Forgetting the long gone discussions (let's call them that) we had in the past, that made me almost swear (to myself) that I would never enter in this kind of discussions with you again, but after reading this thread, and the arguments stated here, despite the reasons you state about the G Flaws / imperfections, and the critics about Roland, that one can or not agree, depending on their practice when dealing with Roland, after reading the above post, I can't be silent any more: With this type of accusation and impoliteness against the Mods and the whole Clan, the only thing I can say is: YOU JUST LOST IT !!!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Jimknopf, I think PauloF has put it in the most polite and understandable way.

You say that you learn your lessons well? That is PURE LIES my friend. We have been through this 100 times already with the same outcome each time. Yet you still repeat your song - this is not Stairway To Heaven which I am ready to listen to every day, this is quite the opposite.

You have given your opinion to us 100 times, this, but do not want to hear anyone but yourself. And for that man you need a BLOG, not a moderated forum. So go open one and please stop flooding us over and over and over again... We're drowning. We can't breathe.

I am tired of being called a communist censor, but I will just have to start fighting this kind of crap after loosening my control on what people post.

Jim, I am sorry but I have to ask you to stop posting things like this. This is the last time. Sorry.
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

My percentage of posts over the last weeks (before I didn't even bother to post here any more) has been MUCH too small to serve as pretext for any of you.

I have only posted here again, because I thought that everybody had come to their senses a bit. If that was wrong to assume, no problem at all for me. And whoever thinks that threatening me with being banned means anything to me is sadly mistaken. :-)

I say whatever I regard as appropriate whenever I regard it as appropriate. And I have no difficulty to find places to do so anytime. It is up to others to play ban games in public forums. So everbody does what fits their character best...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Oh you do enjoy your delicate harassment style, don't you?

I think Paulo is totally correct - you have lost your mind, because you refuse to listen to us, instead you're talking to the voices in your head, and imagine things that no one told you, and write stuff you think you should write but no one asked you to write... and you even agree yourself:
I say whatever I regard as appropriate whenever I regard it as appropriate.

So you will continue this flood on and on even if you're asked to stop? If so, you are a 100% TROLL, Jim, and you have zero respect for me personally and for many other people here.

Now go prolong your Yamaha contract, but please keep out of here.
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Artemiy wrote:

"you're talking to the voices in your head, and imagine things that no one told you, and write stuff you think you should write but no one asked you to write"

"Now go prolong your Yamaha contract, but please keep out of here."

"100% TROLL" language?
luisalberto100

Post by luisalberto100 »

Peace and Respect is the only(unique) way of solving the things....

I´m very worry for all this threads..........

Please ....................What´s happens with us.

Good sense and respect

Thanks..............we have to To approach a solution for FG Not Wars.....