ARX ARX ARX ????? COME ON ROLAND!!!

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
StEv0

Re: ARX ARX ARX ????? COME ON ROLAND!!!

Post by StEv0 »

It would be nice if Roland could actually say what they are/aren't planning with regards ARX boards for the FG.
Either Yes there will be more in the future or No, we aren't doing any more
At least we would all know where we stand and if we should keep hunting for that elusive update on progress.

Personally, I have -
7 SR-JV boards in my JV2080
3 SRX boards in my Fantom S
1 TDW-1 in my TD10 drum brain
1 ARX in my Fantom G
I also have numerous M-512E memory cards and other Roland storage mediums.
I won't even mention the Roland D20, Sound Canvas, JV1080, full TD10(Red) kit, TD20 kit and TD3 kit - oh hell, I just did.
Oh, and I still can't play worth a damn - i'm actually a drummer......

I think that I, like many others on this forum, have shown a commitment to Rolands' gear and I wish they would continue to commit to supporting their customers on a more timely basis.
I already said on the forum that I would not buy more Roland gear until they ironed out the FG OS, but guess what ??????? I lied (to myself more than anything) as I now have a TD20X and an SPD-S and I am waiting for a MDS20 drum frame to arrive............

So please tell me Mr Roland, will there be any new ARX or other expansion boards as I am a total Roland gear idiot and I will no doubt buy yet again......

Stevo :~)

ps Anyone selling an XV-5080 (cheaply)?
RolandRules

Post by RolandRules »

I agree with SteveO and Javaj

More ARX cards please. I want one orchestral above all.

Then, one Piano, with great pianos that we hear the noises of the keys and hammers and all.

And or one with guitars and basses where we can alter the instruments and create sounds that doesn't exist!
RolandRules

Post by RolandRules »

And by they way, maybe sales have declined, maybe not, we don't know for sure, but one thing is sure is that roland have a lot of money in the bank, they're very far from bankruptcy.

Putting out arx cards won't make them lose money, they will make some, and even if they don't don't they will at least get even and get their cash back but guess what is more important, they'll keep their customers loyalty, make them happy, instead of making them buy alternatives.

The Motif XF is really tempting right now. 2GB flash for sound expansion is an incredible and flexible idea.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Hey, maybe Roland will come out with a Flash ARX- and better yet- maybe you can load 2 of them in there and have more flash than everyone else.
RolandRules

Post by RolandRules »

flash arx, in which you can install patches from srx, downloadable from rolandus.com would be great.

Just more and more and more waveforms.
AB77

Post by AB77 »

Does anything that gets posted here impact Roland at all????
I hope it does.
If there is no ARX release this Fall, someone can get a great deal on my Fantom G.
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

I don't want any ARX to be honest, why ?.... just OS corrections. OS development would be nice.
MeNotU

Post by MeNotU »

I want a great deal on a G :)
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

AB77....Roland does not care if you sell your G.

Them not adding a new ARX does not change the nature of the G, plus you don't even know if the ARX will be any good.

So far, the first 3 I do not want or need at all.
AB77

Post by AB77 »

I agree. Roland does not care if I sell my G. But I will be selling it for a low price. And people like me that do that will devalue it. That may affect them, it may not.
Either way, I am getting rid of it for a great deal to someone if new ARX cards to my liking do not come out.
I find most of the sounds mediocre. And those sounds from the ARX cards, I liked beter on the Fantom X with the SRX cards.
Just the way it is.
RolandRules

Post by RolandRules »

New ARX cards...Plz Roland.

A great surprise, I want to wake up tomorrow, and there is 2 or 3 cards out of the blue announced on your website :)

Or a similar thing as motif xf, flash that can install additional patches that instantly load.

You'll cash up on your srx cards, sell them for 59,99$ each on rolandus.com imagine how many 32 or 64 mb srx card we could put on a 1 gb or 2 gb flash card installed on a arx slot :)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

A dejá vu, but...
This is plain utopia, but in fact that is a great idea...

Having all or a bunch of SRX Expansion boards on a ARX card.

That and a V-Synth XT/GT/D-50 (whatever...) too
AB77

Post by AB77 »

I would definately by the SRX cards installed on an ARX.
The Audacity Works

Post by The Audacity Works »

New ARX boards are wholly dependent on the success of existing ARX boards. They're most likely much more expensive (expensive = man hours, development-wise) than SRX or JV-80 boards, and hence, require a higher return on investment.

At worst, blame the marketing people who thought they could sell more ARX boards than ended up in users' hands. Or blame the people who didn't buy into ARX at all.
jabberwocky

Post by jabberwocky »

or blame the overall sound quality of the ARX boards.