Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
kenchan

Re: New Wave sound Fantom-G

Post by kenchan »

walgrafix- i want the Pop project! :D

btw, i recommend you change the word 'terminated' to below:

P.S. do not pay now
this work is not done yet!!!

"terminated" means the projected was killed or denied or stopped. :)
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

walgrafix- can you do a "Pop-Lite" project with only 3 sounds below:

Steinway Grand heavy
RhodesMk1 (not Mk2)
Country Guitar <= i love this sound!

THANKS!!
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

here are 4 new patches i created tonight for the Rhodes Mk2 from walgrafix. :)

1) Fender RhodesMk2 - basic patch with optimized sound.
2) Rhodes Mk2 Funk - my favorite. very fast attack, quick release, bright for solos.
3) Rhodes Mk2 Phase - basic Mk2 with phase
4) Rd Mk2 Tremolo - basic Mk2 with tremolo

i lowered the overall patch volume because it was running too hot.

hope you guys like it. :p
Attachments
Fender RhodesMk2.zip
optimized for FantomG8 keybed.
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
spybar

Post by spybar »

Kenchan, you do MAGIC with these great Walgrafix samples!
Thank you sooo much for sharing your patches.

I have a huge request/prayer:
Would you be kind, pretty pleeeeassse, to do you magic on Heavy Upright Piano?
I wanna have it for some Blues/Rock/Lo-fi tune.
I am gonna be grateful forever & ever!

Thank you! :)

SpyBar
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

spybar wrote:Kenchan, you do MAGIC with these great Walgrafix samples!
Thank you sooo much for sharing your patches.

I have a huge request/prayer:
Would you be kind, pretty pleeeeassse, to do you magic on Heavy Upright Piano?
I wanna have it for some Blues/Rock/Lo-fi tune.
I am gonna be grateful forever & ever!

Thank you! :)

SpyBar
hey thanks for your comments it was fun making those Mk2 patches. i tried to keep as much of the analog-ish fat and raw character as possible and put emphasis on the clicky/tinny noise up high. :D

i will work on the Steinway Upright heavy and see where it takes me. it might take me a few days to do.
i'll do 2 variations... kinda bright version for your up-tempo and also a soft mello version. :)

also in the near future i will do another version of Steinway Grand Heavy (Steinway Ballad) but with a much softer-hammer setting kind of sound. also the DodaFunk Mk1.. hahaha. this will be for anyone who bought the SteinwayGrand Heavy + RhodesMk1 package. The wave assign is a little different on that version vs the individual sample packages.

for anyone just starting to check out walgrafix's packages i highly recommend the Steinway Heavy + RhodesMk1 package (STENWAY-F.RHODES MK1). this is by far the best piano ive ever played on the FG8. and the Rhodes is by far better than any Roland gear to date... (Includes all Fantoms from SRX12 to FG's stock ep's, ARX02, and RD700NX).
Blazer75

Post by Blazer75 »

Hey guys,

I must say: YES!!! I am waiting all the time for awesome Kenchan patches to the outstanding walgrafix sounds. New Kenchan patches: Stainway Ballad, Stainway Upright that's my desire:):)

Regards
spybar

Post by spybar »

walgrafix wrote:stay tuned!
Thank you SOOOO MUCH dear Walgrafix!
kenchan wrote:
i will work on the Steinway Upright heavy and see where it takes me. it might take me a few days to do.
i'll do 2 variations... kinda bright version for your up-tempo and also a soft mello version. :)

also in the near future i will do another version of Steinway Grand Heavy (Steinway Ballad) but with a much softer-hammer setting kind of sound. also the DodaFunk Mk1.. hahaha.
Kenchan, I am SO GRATEFUL for your effort & kindness to share your patches with us!

Walgrafix + Kenchan = OMG Fantom G! :))))
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

hi spybar- im not sure if i can get these samples any smoother than this. i made 2 patches for the Steinway Upright Heavy.

1) Steinway Upright - basic smooth/mellow tone piano with smoother transition from soft to loud.
2) RockN' Upright - tried to maintain walgrafix's original sound and give more umph in the softer playing tones.

the overall output level is a lot higher on mine so dont blow your ears through your headsets. hahaha. :D

hope you can use them. :p
Attachments
Steinway Upright.zip
Optimized for G8 keybed
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
spybar

Post by spybar »

kenchan wrote:hi spybar- im not sure if i can get these samples any smoother than this. i made 2 patches for the Steinway Upright Heavy.

1) Steinway Upright - basic smooth/mellow tone piano with smoother transition from soft to loud.
2) RockN' Upright - tried to maintain walgrafix's original sound and give more umph in the softer playing tones.

the overall output level is a lot higher on mine so dont blow your ears through your headsets. hahaha. :D

hope you can use them. :p
Kenchan thank you very much for your effort!
Just started playing them & I like them! Gonna check them more... joy! :)

Have a great musical weekend!

SpyBar
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

Ok sounds good! Have a nice musical weekend too. :D

I started the soft hammer version of the steinway heavy ballad. :)
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Kenchan! Just wanted to thank you for your efforts in perfecting the 'Stenway Heavy Grand'. =)

I do find that it is a real polyphony hog! In checking the voice monitor in Part view, the patch is eating polyphony when sustained even after the sound is no longer present. Any thoughts? Can the TVA Env help with this or does the sample length itself have to be modified?
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

piaknowguy wrote:Hi Kenchan! Just wanted to thank you for your efforts in perfecting the 'Stenway Heavy Grand'. =)

I do find that it is a real polyphony hog! In checking the voice monitor in Part view, the patch is eating polyphony when sustained even after the sound is no longer present. Any thoughts? Can the TVA Env help with this or does the sample length itself have to be modified?
Hummmmm ...Let me look into this. I know it is a polyhog. :D
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

Hi piaknowguy- I double checked and the notes do shut off when completely decayed in the part view. Now if you want to save polyphony you can edit the env level3 to zero and play with the time2 decay but its not going to save you much unless you affect walgrafix's samples. I prefer to just let it be as I want max realism and natural decay, not shortened (or forced) decay like most synth pianos to hide lifeless loops or just to save polyphony... :)
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

piaknowguy - here is a screen shot of my Steinway Ballad with shorter decays without affecting walgrafix's sample natural decay. just wanted to show you that i did take a good 30-45min to play with the decay in each tone1~4 several registers, many velocity levels, etc. and not just lazily tell you it wont help much.

i monitored partview and played a few slow phrases but NOT ONCE did the polyphony meter go down unless i released the pedal. :) so as noted above, unless you force the decay to be shorter it's not going to help.
Attachments
steinway ballad shorter decay.jpg
steinway ballad shorter decay.jpg (136.34 KiB) Viewed 2984 times
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

Ok for those of you that have the Steinway Grand Heavy + RhodesMk1 package, here's 2 new patches for you... :D

1) Steinway Rain - soft hammer version of my "Steinway Ballad"
2) Mk1 doda funk - very fast funky sounding version of my "Rhodes Mk1 Vanity."

note: the Steinway Rain 'should' play okay for those that have the standard single SteinwayGrand Heavy sample pack. the "Mk1 doda funk" will most likely not play correctly on the single RhodesMk1 sample pack due to different key assign.

hope you guys like the patches. :p
Attachments
Steinway Rain.zip
Contains 2 patches. Optimized for G8 keybed
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 182 times