A new countdown!

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: A new countdown!

Post by Artemiy »

piaknowguy wrote:Is it just me, or did anyone else happen to find FutureMusic's comments very cynical?
In the past, I have read quite a few arrogant and impolite posts from FutureMusic's blog. I recommend to simply ignore these folks once and for all.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

will most likely disappoint anyone expecting a modern take on the famed JP-8
Says who?
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

V-CeeOh wrote: I can't even afford one now ;-)
Haha, there is truth to this. somewhere they realllly bumped the price. The lowest i saw was 1200-1700. The 1200 one was missing a few knobs and broken key. :(
keysme

Post by keysme »

I don't understand Roland's logic for releasing yet another "synth". So the V-Synth/GT, SH-201, Juno, GAIA, Lucina, AX-Synth (all released within the last few years) is somehow not enough and Roland needs to release yet another one?? While their Arranger segment flounders with the ancient (and discontinued) G-70?? And their Workstation segment now severely "lagging" behind both Yamaha and Korg's newest workstation offerings i.e. the Motif XF and Kronos?? And then Roland has the gall to come out with an already media "panned" apparently lame attempt at yet another analog synthesizer that will most likely in NO way compare to the Jupiter 8 legacy of 30 years ago?? Time will tell but apparently Future Music already knows something that the public isn't yet privy to. And that is, apparently yet another mediocre attempt at greatness rolling off the assembly line from Roland Japan. Talk about Roland having its priorities mixed up! Someone needs to slap Roland Japan upside the head and wake them up out of their self-imposed redundancy if you ask me. Executive heads need to "roll", in my opinion, and then hire someone who actually understands the musician side of things or they will continue to put out products that continually overlap one another and in the process saturate an already over-extended market as a result.

Even if the Jupiter 8 "re-do" somehow turns out to be a hit (which is highly suspect when you consider Future Music's dismal take on the situation) I still think Roland would be better served to focus instead on their Workstation and Arranger segment. Most musicians play "bread and butter" sounds i.e. those contained within Workstations, Digital Pianos, and/or Arrangers, than they do "synth" type sounds. Somebody needs to tell Roland.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

And then Roland has the gall to come out with an already media "panned" apparently lame attempt at yet another analog synthesizer that will most likely in NO way compare to the Jupiter 8 legacy of 30 years ago??
Says who???
hoodedclaw

Post by hoodedclaw »

V-CeeOh wrote:
And then Roland has the gall to come out with an already media "panned" apparently lame attempt at yet another analog synthesizer that will most likely in NO way compare to the Jupiter 8 legacy of 30 years ago??
Says who???
Says a good few Roland reps, who already think this Jupiter re-make will be a big disaster for Roland.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Says a good few Roland reps, who already think this Jupiter re-make will be a big disaster for Roland.
AHAHAHAHA! Sorry, hoodedclaw I've got to laugh at this because... I work on a Roland Rep. So if a few Roland reps say it will be a disaster, a few other will say it will be a success. And although this product hasn't yet been released and only a few persons know all about it, it's plain ridiculous to see all this discussion starting all over again.. and we're not even talking about the Fantom-G!!!!
hoodedclaw

Post by hoodedclaw »

ok how come i knew about it, before it was even announced or FutureMusic announced it ? I bet you can't answer that one can you!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

hoodedclaw, I would like you to please respect others and not turn to language like that [deleted by sRa].
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

V-CeeOh wrote:I work on a Roland Rep.
Torture is against international law! It does not matter what information you forced out of him, war crimes are never justified. Please release the Roland Representative, immediately!

hmmm…

Maybe you meant to write, "I work with a Roland Rep." In that case, never mind.

Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

I feel what people are hoping for is some super vamped up low cost synth.
For what reason I dont know..
Maybe your looking for some super true analogue synth that merges both analoge and digital..
again I dont see what difference it will make to whole scheme of thnings..

Maybe there are a few new wannabees that will take a jump at a cheap super synth..
but for mature or seasoned producers.. I cant see it having a big impact, I mean looking a kronos being the current big fish, for what already exists I dont see it doing any more that what already is..

Whatever it is.. Knowing the history of roland its not going to be a replace all device...
there will be something it dont do and maybe something extra it does do...
just like the release of the G gave new users something new but tore X user apart with and the bits that where missing..

Now im sure the promo for this device will be the all wonderful most innovative blah blah BS that comes with every roland release.

and of course whatever it is will come complete with new bugs and deficiencies that never get fixed ala roland short term support, quickly to become yesterdays technology so they can do it all over again..

and around and around we keep going on the roland merry-go-round..
dont it just make you dizzy at some point?
secret Roland agent

Post by secret Roland agent »

dont it just make you dizzy at some point?
The Test - Do I appear blurry?

BTW You need to check Quinnx's grammar Grammar!
hoodedclaw

Post by hoodedclaw »

Kinda strange how people say they work for Roland and yet only a handful know about Roland's new synth, well it's very funny that i know about it... It's called the Jupiter-80. There you go, i've said it.

Roland Corporation
1-5-3 Shinmiyakoda Kita-Ku,
Hamamatsu
Shizuoka
431-2103
Japan

2211-81 087117_C_000
AUDIO AND VIDEO EQUIPMENT-Musical Instruments - Certified to US Standards

NRTL/C (UL 60065-2007)

* Digital Organs, Model AT-75-xxx Series.
* Model AT-500-xxx Series.
* Recreational Keyboards, Models RK-300-xxx Series.
* Digital Piano, Model V-PIANO.
* Classic Organs, Model C-330-xxx Series.
* Digital Pianos, Model RM-700-xxx Series.
* Synthesizer, Model JUPITER-80
Plisken

Post by Plisken »

lol its patent. Should have guessed it would be their by now.
jur451c

Post by jur451c »

It would be interesting to see if the Fantom was patented as a synthesizer.