G7 & Sonar X1 Producer

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
hstudio

I'm going crazy with Sonar 8.5, Please help (metronome)

Post by hstudio »

Friends need help.
I'm going crazy with Sonar 8.5, I want to record audio tracks and every time I turn on the metronome he enters the recording (usb audio) and even selecting the metronome in the beat goes on midi track recording.
Not to mention that if I open a second track he rewrites all in the loop.
How do I get the metronome and the data of the previous track did not enter the second track?
Already shifted at all in the setup of audio fantom G7 and could not figure out ..
I have no ASIO interface .... only the Fantom ...
Blessings
aricastudio

Re: G7 & Sonar X1 Producer

Post by aricastudio »

I think this is the result of stupid audio mixer design in the Fantom.
I just realized the same while using Cubase a short while ago.
The Fantom ASIO which allows for taking audion into and out of Cubase is sweet and has very low latency.
However if you monitor the already recorded audio tracks and then try to record other traks, whatever is being monitored ends up right back into the new recorded track, hence it mixes what is being monitored with what is being played anew. STUPID!!!!
It appears that there is not way to separate this busses. Other people have mentioned using a selecting a different output in the Fantom like instead of A, B but that does not work.

I wanted to use the Fantom as my audio interface instead of the E-MU 0404 that is crashing windows 7 and it appears that I will have to buy another interface, what a drag.
PauloF

Re: G7 & Sonar X1 Producer

Post by PauloF »

aricastudio wrote:I think this is the result of stupid audio mixer design in the Fantom.
I just realized the same while using Cubase a short while ago.
The Fantom ASIO which allows for taking audion into and out of Cubase is sweet and has very low latency.
However if you monitor the already recorded audio tracks and then try to record other traks, whatever is being monitored ends up right back into the new recorded track, hence it mixes what is being monitored with what is being played anew. STUPID!!!!
It appears that there is not way to separate this busses. Other people have mentioned using a selecting a different output in the Fantom like instead of A, B but that does not work.

I wanted to use the Fantom as my audio interface instead of the E-MU 0404 that is crashing windows 7 and it appears that I will have to buy another interface, what a drag.
Roland should have learned from Yamaha on this. Look at what is possible even on the low end MOX