Piano Sounds

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
dutchman

Piano Sounds

Post by dutchman »

Hello Guys
My only problem is with the g6 that i cant find a good sounding piano
I have the True Pianos vst...piand 100 euros for it and the Piano sounds so sweet
I paid 2400 for my G6 and cant find a piano sound that comes close to it
Somebody got a soloution to this on how i can create my own piano patch that comes closer to a real piano sound ?
Leh173

Re: Piano Sounds

Post by Leh173 »

Have you tried the Manhattan Grand? I've been using that. Sounds fine for what I need from the FG6.
I don't have these but others say these Pianos are good:

http://www.fantomgsounds.com/
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

yep, get the Steinway Heavy from walgrafix. those sound very good even with only 4 layers.

btw, TruePiano's sounds okay...but the high register plays like crap imho. if you want better sounding piano, especiallya nice SteinwayVST, i suggest you try Garritan's Authorized Steinway Basic. not sure when their full version will be out next but i read they're working on releasing something soon.
dutchman

Post by dutchman »

thanks guys but im not looking for vsts i wat the sound on my fantom g
it that even possible without extra ram ?
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

You will need to add RAM to use the samples mentioned above. But a 512 MB stick is very cheap and greatly expands the possibilities of your Fantom-G. So why not add one?

I don't know where you are, but here in the US I recently bought a 512 MB stick for my G for under $10.

In case you did not know, the sounds from Clan member Walgrafix are the same as those Leh173 mentioned in his link.
dutchman

Post by dutchman »

i can only use 512 mb and 1 gb right because i have a 2 gb usb stick,
and do the have free sounds available somewhere
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

dutchman- unfortunately you will need to buy more RAM before you can get the decent piano sounds. check with walgrafix how much his light Steinway (He calls it Stenway) version requires and get ram to match.

ram is pretty cheap and worth the investment though...
dark_knight_x3

Post by dark_knight_x3 »

Kenchan - Have you tested out walgrafix yamaha c7 samples kenchan? Any comment on these if ever? i'm planning to get one.

Duchman - The steinway samples are good.
Ghost76

Post by Ghost76 »

I love my TruePiano vst the new Atlantis module is music to the ears other than that there's always the walgrafix sample sets as someone else mentioned (havent tried them myself) As for the internal sounds start with one that sounds close to the tone you're after and get stuck into the patch pro edit screen on your G :)
Ghost76

Post by Ghost76 »

There's also this website you might find useful for patch ideas.
fantomg.navarin.de
hope this helps...

*edit

I've found one or two today on the G that sound pretty good the Sonic Grand is nice.
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

dark_knight_x3 wrote:Kenchan - Have you tested out walgrafix yamaha c7 samples kenchan? Any comment on these if ever? i'm planning to get one.
hey dark_knight - no i have not purchased the C7 sound set. ive migrated over to VST/AU for piano for playing and composition. :) as far as aftermarket sound library, right now my G8 is running art's acoustic guitars only (without the need for extra USB drive). if my DAW died or watever i would pull out my Walgrafix Steinway samples for sure. :p
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

I just bought All Pianos Pack from Walgrafix' fantomgsounds.com. All are excellent quality. I lost a few hours of sleep this week. For solo piano work, nothing can beat them for the FG. (Not many other options anyway.) I agree with Kenchan, that the Steinway is my favorite. So full! I love bright pianos, and the Yamaha C7 may be best for that. However, when gigging with my full 10 piece band, I may still use the Brite Piano patch (sampled into my G) from my old XP80. Sounds like crap by itself, but even after years, it still bangs out better in a live band, cutting through guitars and horn sections.
BTW kenchan, is Walgrafix still posting some of your tweaks or patches for his pianos. I could not find them.
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

Lenny wrote:I just bought All Pianos Pack from Walgrafix' fantomgsounds.com. All are excellent quality. I lost a few hours of sleep this week. For solo piano work, nothing can beat them for the FG. (Not many other options anyway.) I agree with Kenchan, that the Steinway is my favorite. So full! I love bright pianos, and the Yamaha C7 may be best for that. However, when gigging with my full 10 piece band, I may still use the Brite Piano patch (sampled into my G) from my old XP80. Sounds like crap by itself, but even after years, it still bangs out better in a live band, cutting through guitars and horn sections.
BTW kenchan, is Walgrafix still posting some of your tweaks or patches for his pianos. I could not find them.
hey lenny- if it's not posted at walgrafix's site, i am pretty sure the patches are already in the packages when you buy. :)

been playing with TheGrand3 the last week. the C7 in there is awesome after some tweaks (250-350hz area boost and some low shelf boost). :p