Can you HOT swap your USB stick???

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
soundsailer

Can you HOT swap your USB stick???

Post by soundsailer »

I just read in the tips thread that you risk corrupting data if you plug / unplug your USB memory stick while the FG is turned on ?? Is this true???
V-CeeOh

Re: Can you HOT swap your USB stick???

Post by V-CeeOh »

That's more like a warning. You should avoid it. Just make sure the G is not reading/writing data from/to the usb stick and you'll be ok.
soundsailer

Post by soundsailer »

soundsailer wrote:I just read in the tips thread that you risk corrupting data if you plug / unplug your USB memory stick while the FG is turned on ?? Is this true???
That sounds right....... Thanks

Hey any idea why the FG can't read files off my USB stick, the stick has done a OS update and I saved my project to it using save as, but when I try to upload it can't see any files not wave, txt or BMP.....
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

You mean you used the same stick to update the G? if so, make sure you delete the bin file (used to do the update) and format the stick again. Also make sure you do a factory reset on the G. If you already have your own project on the G and don't want to loose it doing the reset, connect the G to a PC and copy the project folder to the PC, do the reset and retrieve the same folder to the G after that.
soundsailer

Post by soundsailer »

V-CeeOh wrote:You mean you used the same stick to update the G? if so, make sure you delete the bin file (used to do the update) and format the stick again. Also make sure you do a factory reset on the G. If you already have your own project on the G and don't want to loose it doing the reset, connect the G to a PC and copy the project folder to the PC, do the reset and retrieve the same folder to the G after that.
Good tip, that bin is still on the stick, I'll get rid of it then reset and reload my personal project folder.

Should the G be able to upload files from my USB stick or only from the PC USB port?
soundsailer

Post by soundsailer »

soundsailer wrote:
V-CeeOh wrote:You mean you used the same stick to update the G? if so, make sure you delete the bin file (used to do the update) and format the stick again. Also make sure you do a factory reset on the G. If you already have your own project on the G and don't want to loose it doing the reset, connect the G to a PC and copy the project folder to the PC, do the reset and retrieve the same folder to the G after that.
Good tip, that bin is still on the stick, I'll get rid of it then reset and reload my personal project folder.

Should the G be able to upload files from my USB stick or only from the PC USB port?
OK I'm good to go on this issue THANKS....... after the reset and reformat I reloaded my project and now the G recognizes files for uploading............ COOL