Fantom G MegaPack and USB issue

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Arachnivision

Fantom G MegaPack and USB issue

Post by Arachnivision »

this is my first post hello everyone,i used the search function to see if there was an answer to this issue i am having but nothing came up so i was hoping someone could help me out.

i downloaded the sinevibes megapack yesterday and i'm having a weird thing come up when i try to load it up,I followed the procedure for formating my usb drive and then putting the "megapack prj. folder" onto the stick from my laptop then i go into the menu on my fantom and load up the megapack prj.

now here is the issue it's loads system paramaters and than it skips to Processing audio data...the bar underneath isn't filled and it stays at 0% i left it running like that for an hour and it's still the same thing. all the dynamic pads are lit up except for the first one which isn't lit and the second one which is blinking.

now the only remedy i found so far is to just remove the usb stick while it is on that screen and i instantly get a load project completed message on the lower right corner i hit f7 ok and i have the clubby g preset loaded up.
now the next problem i'm having is when i scroll through some of the presets and play i get no sound output while other presets i can play at get output
i've tried a 16gb hp usb stick and and 4gb sony microvault and this happens to both usb sticks
so i'm not sure where the problem is..i apologize if this has already been answered thanks to anyone who can help.
a picture of the screen audio data at 0%
a picture of the screen audio data at 0%
audiodata.jpg (66.79 KiB) Viewed 4087 times
JunoJohn

Re: Fantom G MegaPack and USB issue

Post by JunoJohn »

Welcome to the Roland Clan, Arachnivision!

I had the same freezing at "Processing… Audio data…" problem. What worked for me was to format the USB drive as FAT 16 instead of FAT 32.

Also, it would be a good idea to perform a Factory Reset in case removing the USB drive screwed up something. It's OK to remove the USB drive while the Fantom-G is on, but NEVER do it when the Fantom-G is accessing the drive.
fungusgarden

Post by fungusgarden »

I am having the same issue. It wont load past the Audio Data screen,. I have tried formatting the USB stick to Fat 16 as stated by some and it does actually allow it to finish loading, however it skips right past the Audio Data portion and when you try some of the patches they do not work. I can go to the sample section and see that none of the samples have loaded. I can load them manually from here one at a time , but there are 1700 or so, so that would take FOREVER./ Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Lasseman

Post by Lasseman »

Maybee this helps, format USB stick with Fantom G instead of computer.

Then place Megapack on USB and test again.

If it still not funtion, unfortunately some USB stick maybee have compability issues with Fantom G.

Similar problems occur with my HDD/DVD player, one Transcend USb stick work but not the second Transcend USb stick.

Best regards
sawtooth

Post by sawtooth »

I have put my Megapack project onto the same usb drive which contains 2 other working projects (which load perfectly well), but for some reason the Megapack gets stuck loading the audio data. I have 512 MB of ram by the way.

Wonder what could be causing the problem?
smb

Post by smb »

Same problems that I had..fantom g8 with 1 gig of ram 2 Kingston 8 gig USB sticks model dt101 g2 only ever worked a few times then stopped working...sandisk 8 gig cruzer micro never worked... sandisk u3 8 gig cruzer never worked..Kingston dt101 g2 4 gig never worked and Sony 4 gig never worked..all sticks were formatted on fantom and all would save and load my own projects..gave up on megapack ages ago..
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

Did you format your USB drives as FAT 16 or FAT 32?
sawtooth

Post by sawtooth »

The FAT 16 / 32 option wasn't the problem for me.

As I said previously, I have a couple of usb sticks which save and load projects which have tons of samples perfectly well. But neither of the usb drives load the Megapack.

Could there be a data corruption in the download file possibly?
smb

Post by smb »

Tried both fat 16/32 also formated on fantom g as well...i purchased the mega pack as a download and also the CD as well..tried again yesterday and when I used fat 16 the only difference was that it did not stop on the audio part it would load but there was no samples loaded...as someone said before...I just gave up in the end...just don't under stand why it did load a few times but refuses to now with same Kingston USB sticks same 1gig ram even did a factory reset but nothing..only thing I haven't tried is going back to system 1.3 don't have file..but it did work a few times on system 1.5..guess that's why I gave up last time..
OmPiEnNd

Post by OmPiEnNd »

I had the same problem just now, but I figured out how to make it work. I formatted my thumbdrive (I don't know if you need to do this, but I did). I created a new project on the fantom. Then I connected my fantom to my PC With the USB cord, and went into USB Storage mode on the fantom. I copied the "SMPL" and "SND" folders from the megapack folder to my new project folder on the fantom. It took about an hour for all the file to be transferred to the fantom. I then exited the transfer mode, loaded up the my project and it seemed to be not working again, but looking back at the screen a bit later I was at 26%. It loaded up all the sounds on the fantom just fine.

Hope this helps!
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

That's an interesting solution, OmPiEnNd. Thanks for sharing!

And, welcome to the Roland Clan!