coming soon! convert sfz to FG patch!

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
parker.bobby

Re: coming soon! convert sfz to FG patch!

Post by parker.bobby »

The Fantom G Sfz Patch Creator creates Sfz instruments and converts them to Fantom G patches. It can edit samples & provides many useful features:
http://db.tt/UHhDy867

This package also includes the Fantom G Organizer, which can copy Live/Studio Sets including all patches an related samples from one project to another. It can also copy RPS/Rhythm Sets and phrases.

Video Tutorials are available:

Fantom G Organizer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qSdHdd0pgQ

Fantom G Sfz Patch Creator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fwVlG4IvU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlDrQCbOEY4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Ojdb7jTbI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h59tqBJQz6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWitqgDtEEc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cNLWRc5I68
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

WOW!! Thank-you, man! This is amazing! I'll have to find time to delve into your work deeper.

Cheers! =)
parker.bobby

Post by parker.bobby »

Thanks paiknowguy. I really appreciate the endorsement. If you like these apps & find them useful, feel free to spread the word.
apex

Post by apex »

this is crazy awesome.... makes me wanna get my fantom g back again....

wow
apex

Post by apex »

can these patches be used in single mode? or a live set?
parker.bobby

Post by parker.bobby »

Apex, yes the patches created by the FG Sfz Patch Creator can be saved in user Rhythm parts, then you can use them just like any other patch in Live,single, or studio mode..

Essentially what the 'Sfz patch creator' does is build Rhythm patches from samples. The best part is that you can use melodic instruments like a piano & the program will apply the samples across the keys & tune each note to proper pitch so the 'drum kit' will play like a real piano.

The FG Organizer can copy that Rythm part and all of the necessary samples from one project to another. The FG organizer can also copy regular patches and sample patches too.

As you can see, The FG Organizer can copy ANY patch and it's samples. However, the FG Organizer cannot copy multisamples. That's why I created the FG Sfz Patch Creator. The FG Sfz Patch Creator avoids the use of multisamples by using a Rhythm part and a lot of individual samples instead of using a a standard part plus a multisample.
jstorms

Post by jstorms »

Thanks Bobby! Can't wait to play around with the Creator & Organizer! Most useful applications!
parker.bobby

Post by parker.bobby »

Jstrorms?.. piaknowguy?.. have you tried the apps?. What do you think?..
jstorms

Post by jstorms »

Just started playing with these apps this evening! I'm navigating through the organizer so far.. great help files have answered all my questions. (you are thorough!) Love the copy RPS/Rhythm Pad Set function. Haven't even started to get into everything the converter can do! I'm sure I will be utilizing these two great apps from here on out.. thanks for sharing your wonderful & useful talent Mr. Parker! Now I am a fan of the FG Editor again made possible by the Organizer! I am impressed!
parker.bobby

Post by parker.bobby »

Cool man. Let me know how it works out. The creator is much more fun to use in combination with a tool like this: http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html

With the tool above, you can also convert sf2 files to sfz files. That's a bonus because there even more sf2 files available than sfz's.
mister ludo

Post by mister ludo »

really cool apps! thanks bobby
ralphling

Post by ralphling »

Hi Bobby

I have tried to send you a "Personal Message" from this site but it isn't working so this is my next attempt to contact you.

I can't get the Fantom G Organizer to do what it's supposed to do.

I have followed your instructions meticulously from the You Tube instruction video, however I have one or possibly two problems.

I successfully get the Fantom G Editor to do the "Export Studio Set + Patch" function. That all works fine and I added the word "Data" into the existing file name of the song - as seen on your video.

Then moving to the part of the process undertaken on the Organizer, I load my "...data.MID" file into the "Input File" field in the Copy Live/Studio Set window, I select my Output Project folder in the "Output Project Directory" field, then click the Copy Live/Studio Set button. What happens next, appears to be the problem. Whereas on your video, your computer showed the software pulling up a "DOS" window and files being copied and renamed. On my set up, none of that happened; almost immediately (like half a second), the "Copy Complete Ok" button pops up. There is no apparent time being taken doing what it showed in your video - phrases or samples being copied or renamed.

When I then import the "data file" and the "song file" into my other Fantom project, I don't get my Studio set, any of the samples or even any of the original patches loading. I've successfully had the Song re-appear in the Song screen in a multiple track format but it doesn't sound right because the studio set hasn't come across nor have any samples.

I am wondering whether I am possibly missing one step because in your video you quickly mention "lets reset the mixer", however your video doesn't show what you actually do to reset the mixer. I'm not familiar with that function and I can't find that described in the Fantom G Manual, however I found the "Initialise" option under "Utility" in the Studio screen, which then gives me two options, one being "Default" and the other "Sound Control". I've tried doing both those to no avail, my mixer just stays with a very generic studio set of nearly all pianos - certainly not the set it's supposed to have imported across. Also, when I look in the song window, where on the original song I had sample phrases appearing in the Audio Tracks, there's nothing there at all and the song sounds completely munted.

Can you help?

I'm fine with using this site to communicate, however if Skyping would help, my username is ralphling and I'm in New Zealand.ave followed your instructions meticulously from the You Tube instruction video, however I have one or possibly two problems.

I successfully get the Fantom G Editor to do the "Export Studio Set + Patch" function. That all works fine and I added the word "Data" into the existing file name of the song - as seen on the video.

Then moving to the part of the process undertaken on the Organizer, I load my "...data.MID" file into the "Input File" field in the Copy Live/Studio Set window, I select my Output Project folder in the "Output Project Directory" field, then click the Copy Live/Studio Set button. What happens next, appears to be the problem. Whereas on your video, your computer showed the software pulling up a "DOS" window and files being copied and renamed. On my set up, none of that happened; almost immediately (like half a second), the "Copy Complete Ok" button pops up. There is no apparent time being taken doing what it showed in your video - phrases or samples being copied or renamed.

When I then import the "data file" and the "song file" into my other Fantom project, I don't get my Studio set, any of the samples or even any of the original patches loading. I've successfully had the Song re-appear in the Song screen in a multiple track format but it doesn't sound right because the studio set hasn't come across nor have any samples.

I am wondering whether I am possibly missing one step because in your video you quickly mention "lets reset the mixer", however your video doesn't show what you actually do to reset the mixer. I'm not familiar with that function and I can't find that described in the Fantom G Manual, however I found the "Initialise" option under "Utility" in the Studio screen, which then gives me two options, one being "Default" and the other "Sound Control". I've tried doing both those to no avail, my mixer just stays with a very generic studio set of nearly all pianos - certainly not the set it's supposed to have imported across. Also, when I look in the song window, where on the original song I had sample phrases appearing in the Audio Tracks, there's nothing there at all and the song sounds completely munted.

Can you help?

I'm fine with using this site to communicate, however if Skyping would help, my username is ralphling and I'm in New Zealand.