NAMM 2013 Rumours - new Roland Workstation?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
studio460

Re: NAMM 2013 Rumours - new Roland Workstation?

Post by studio460 »

Although I'm not too studied in current product offerings by Roland's competitors, my first gut feeling is . . . no new 'flagship" workstation for 2013. Perhaps, 2014 or 2015. A close-second gut feeling (though, I still think somewhat unlikely) is a keyboarded Integra, as others have surmised. Lastly, and possibly, most likely, a new "vintage" synth (or some oddball product that's kinda cool), and an "Integra-light," or some other variation of the product concept.

I honestly expect to be underwhelmed by Roland at this year's NAMM. Not to say that I'm unhappy with my current Roland products--quite the contrary. My Roland synths are here to stay: the Fantom G will continue to be my primary composition workstation and DAW for years to come (I'm still all-hardware). I'm still not tiring of the SRX sounds in my Fantom XR either, especially the eclectic percussion samples in my SRX-09 World Collection, which I love. Plus, I'm still really a Fantom G beginner (maybe I'm just slow), and have only scratched the surface of its full potential.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

Nice setup!

It's always fun to speculate what might the next development, but as Quinxx rightly points out it won't be the end of the world if there isn't a new Fantom. This one still has a lot of life left in it. It's a deep machine.
studio460

Post by studio460 »

Thanks, Leh! Yeah, I went back and edited the list since it's embarrassing how sophisticated all of my gear is, and how dumb I still am at using it all. I actually wanted to re-introduce myself here as a "newbie" since although I've had one Fantom or another for several years now, I've still got a long way to go before becoming proficient at using all of it.
kimsnarf

Post by kimsnarf »

On Facebook some Roland U.S. representatives have responded loosely about NAMM:

December 29th:
Q: Happy New Years 2013 Roland Corp ! I cant wait to pick up something new again from Roland !
A: Get ready. We have the NAMM show in a few weeks and will have a gang of new products coming out at that time!

December 11th:
Q: When will ROLAND release their next Workstation?
A: The next round of new products will be announced at the Winter NAMM trade show on January 24 - 27. Check back with us at that time!

From this I assume the representatives know there will be announced several new products. Also, on a direct question regarding the next workstation the representative referred to the upcoming NAMM. Why do that if only to disappoint? :)
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

kimsnarf wrote:
...From this I assume the representatives know there will be announced several new products. Also, on a direct question regarding the next workstation the representative referred to the upcoming NAMM. Why do that if only to disappoint? :)
So you know what's coming up !!! tell us then
comradec

Post by comradec »

I think we may see a new keytar from Roland, whether at NAMM this month or at Musikmesse later in the year.

Alesis have made an impressive entry into the keytar market with the new Vortex and they have targeted the MIDI control side of things. Roland's current keytar models - the AX-Synth and the Lucina AX-09 - offer some MIDI control features but the emphasis is more strongly on their built-in synths. If they don't come up with a keytar controller, then Roland will be missing out on a market.
FxProject

Post by FxProject »

New Roland D60 workstation with supernatural synth and acoustic synthesis, pcm hd synthesis ,advanced linear arythmetic synthesis ,advanced-virtual-analog sound,advanced physical synthesis and 8 tracks audio /16 tracks midi séquencer (and very nice design , it looks Like à D50) usb drive ,61 keys, 6 inch screen, 64 studio sets, 512 live sets , 4000 preset sounds (1500 Sn synth sounds, 500 sn acoustic sounds, 1200 pcm hd sounds(best of srx) ,400 Ad.L.A sounds,200 Ad.V.A sounds, 20 sn drum kits, 40 pcm drum kits , 256 hd-gm2 sounds).

New Roland D30 synthesizer keyboard( same as d60) with no séquencer and less sounds.
tonmanns

Post by tonmanns »

Whow,
where did you get that from? The return of the LA Sounds seems very interresting, would love to see that. btw, any photos?

tonmanns
johnxyz

Post by johnxyz »

all clan members maintaining radio silence…. love it!
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

LA Sounds seems very interresting
Why?
It was just something that was employed in the 80s to compensate for the lack of sample memory capacity and expense
which is no longer a problem..
Why look toward something that is a kin to swapping a real synth engine like the fantom for a casio tone keyboard?
and the fantom has all the sample capacity you will ever need which is thousands time bigger than what you ever had on a LA (D50) synth?
kday

Post by kday »

FxProject wrote:New Roland D60 workstation with supernatural synth and acoustic synthesis, pcm hd synthesis ,advanced linear arythmetic synthesis ,advanced-virtual-analog sound,advanced physical synthesis and 8 tracks audio /16 tracks midi séquencer (and very nice design , it looks Like à D50) usb drive ,61 keys, 6 inch screen, 64 studio sets, 512 live sets , 4000 preset sounds (1500 Sn synth sounds, 500 sn acoustic sounds, 1200 pcm hd sounds(best of srx) ,400 Ad.L.A sounds,200 Ad.V.A sounds, 20 sn drum kits, 40 pcm drum kits , 256 hd-gm2 sounds).

New Roland D30 synthesizer keyboard( same as d60) with no séquencer and less sounds.
Is this a fact or fantasy ?
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

Fantasia!!! ;-)
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Straight to Number One! ;-)
Bereal

Post by Bereal »

Or a Super-Fantom (like the Super-JV1080) with new banks of SuperNatural sounds and all the SRX loaded and availaible on RAM + 1 To for sampling + Karma fonction + New touch screen high definition with output video to PC or TV + USB 3.0 + a new 32 zones midi controller fonction + 2 midi IN + Internal Midi Merge fonction + Wifi integrated
Bereal

Post by Bereal »

This Super-Fantom should have 512 polyphony notes and polypohnic aftertouch, available in 61, 76 weighted keys and 88 weighted + high and accurate midi master keyboard functions (button to switch on /off 16 midi channel directly from the front panel)

The actual Fantom's design looks cool to me (better than the jupiter 80)