URGENT!!!! No Sound coming out my fantom G6

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
c_cain

URGENT!!!! No Sound coming out my fantom G6

Post by c_cain »

Hi guys, I was in the middle of a rehearsal when suddenly my G6 stopped sounding thru my keyboard amp. i rebooted it, still no sound. Changed the leads several times, still no sound. Change the power cables and outlets, still no sound. Eventually did a master reset, still no sound. I tried phones, and the line out ports and they're not working either. None of the inputs on the back work either. The line in and Guitar/Mic inputs are dead. They keyboard boots up fine otherwise though but no sound output or input. Is it a motherboard problem? Or can it be fixed without changing the entire motherboard?
Quinnx.

Re: URGENT!!!! No Sound coming out my fantom G6

Post by Quinnx. »

when you plugged in guitar did you check to see if the level meter was registering any input?

also check your digital out (this my save you if its just your analogue io thats effected..)

another thing to try is reflash the firmware..
but give the digital ago..
also check USB audio see if thats still working too, if your digtial and usb is still working and firmware reflash dont work, its probably a cable reseating problem..

also make sure your outputs are going to A and not B especialy if your testing headphones
and also make sure your audio settings a set to MIX.

and also under system/sound make sure local keyboard is switched ON.
Sliverdigger

Post by Sliverdigger »

With that many things not producing sound how about the volume control itself?
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Sliverdigger wrote:With that many things not producing sound how about the volume control itself?
ahah, good one, but don't think so.
It should be something else as the Volume knob does not affect the Sub-Outs and according to c_cain even those do not produce any sound.

I would go for the Quinnx suggestion and check the Digital Out first, too
c_cain

Post by c_cain »

I tried the USB Audio and the Digital out and they didn't work. The volume control is fine, Local Switch it ON. However I took the FG to my technician and he hooked it up to some testers and meters and found that quite a few condensers and IC's on the sound board were bad. He said the damage was mostly likely caused by a power surge. He removed the damaged parts and is replacing them today. So hopefully the FG will be back up and working by the end of the day.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the help
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

c_cain wrote:I tried the USB Audio and the Digital out and they didn't work. The volume control is fine, Local Switch it ON. However I took the FG to my technician and he hooked it up to some testers and meters and found that quite a few condensers and IC's on the sound board were bad. He said the damage was mostly likely caused by a power surge. He removed the damaged parts and is replacing them today. So hopefully the FG will be back up and working by the end of the day.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the help
Yep...power surge could be bad, yes. That's why I always use a small UPS with my gear...
I hope everything turns fine for you and your G
Cheers,
Paulo
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Yes UPS is essential either at home or on the road..
and my premium gear goes through one.
jeemax

Post by jeemax »

Hi. Was the problem solved? I have the same problem with my fantom g7.
leomejia

Post by leomejia »

Any solutions for this issue?
Repair manuals?
any help out there?