SCREEN FAILURE?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
mortymorph

SCREEN FAILURE?

Post by mortymorph »

This late afternoon I'm still using it, all things working smoothly. Then just now when i went back home, plug my usb for my projects and HELLO WHITE SCREEN.

Here's what I did

*Turned off and unplug my usb, resume loading..... still white screen...
*Checked everything,
- still have sounds, sounds seems ok, (not distorted or anything)
- can still navigate through patches
- trigger the sample pads

All seems ok but the only thing is the screen.
Anyone experienced this on your gears?
IMG-20130614-00019.jpg
IMG-20130614-00019.jpg (386.95 KiB) Viewed 2918 times
mortymorph

Re: SCREEN FAILURE?

Post by mortymorph »

Already tried reupdate the os. removed the dimm memory but still white screeen comes up.
avl_digital

Post by avl_digital »

I had the SAME SAME SAME problem some months ago. One week ago I took the piano to the store... and they said to me that they have to change the screen. Happily, mi F8 still under warranty.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

It seems a Display hardware malfunction or contact problem on a cannector.

Maybe it is worth to open it and check for any flat cable connection issue before having it serviced.
rocky11

Post by rocky11 »

Hello friends Did you found solution ??

Same problem in my brother keyboard - fantom G6 white screen...

Please reply me soon
reinstall

Post by reinstall »

HI there is a screen cable on the motherboard please remove and re connect again check it again ..
panamag7

Post by panamag7 »

reinstall wrote:HI there is a screen cable on the motherboard please remove and re connect again check it again ..

hello my friend i would like to know if your screen still working properly? I have the same screen problem on my G7
mortymorph

Post by mortymorph »

Hi guys. Just an update. I already fix this. I went to the nearest service center in my country. They had to order the screen from japan. The screen caused like 200$, but due to in a hurry to get overseas, i have to rush the order so i have to settle the delivery fee. It caused me like a 550$ all in all. If im not in a rush for the delivery, it will take like 2 weeks more to wait,

So as they say about what caused this. They said they have to replace the wire connecting to the screen and the board. They didnt tell me what it caused that problem. Now im still happy on my g6. I just hope it wont happen again. Goodluck guys
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

mortymorph wrote:Hi guys. Just an update. I already fix this. I went to the nearest service center in my country. They had to order the screen from japan.
When did u fix this?
As far as I know, the Fantom G is discontinued. They are still making screens for it?
mortymorph

Post by mortymorph »

Hi G-man sorry for the late reply. For some reason i didnt receive notifications for this thread.

Anyways, i already fix this 2 years ago. I went to my nearest service center and they just ordered the screen from roland japan. It really cost me a lot. Im not sure if theyre still makin of it, better check maybe on your local service center. Cheers