FG8 Audio with Cubase 7

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
GuyM

FG8 Audio with Cubase 7

Post by GuyM »

Sorry if this has already been asked / answered...

I can record the MIDI performance (using the F8 as MIDI Controller) and then play it back and hear it on the FG8

1. Is it possible for the G8 to transmit its AUDIO into Cubase (via the USB?) directly ..i.e. without connecting its L/R outputs into a mixer and recording it as an AUDIO track?
I think someone said you CAN configure Cubase to use the G8 as its soundcard effectively (with the correct drivers installed)?

2. If I am playing along with a song that already has AUDO tracks in it and which are playing out via my PC Soundcard (M-AUdio Delta 1010), is there a way to hear all these at the same time that the G8 is sending its AUDIO into Cubase and being recorded (Via setup in Question 1)?

Ta

BTW, I am also about to ask the same question in the JUPITER 50 forum ...unless you can answer for both Keyboards here :)

Guy
rayshek

Re: FG8 Audio with Cubase 7

Post by rayshek »

1. Yes, you can. Fantom G USB (Computer)---to---PC and install the driver then MIDI & Audio transfer directly to your PC.
http://www.rolandus.com/products/fantom-g8/downloads/

2. You can set Audio input and output as FantomG in Cubase then play and record.(In fantom G :push Shift+MIx in----->input select----->USB audio).