Modulation (S1) hangs

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Torbis03

Modulation (S1) hangs

Post by Torbis03 »

The modultation (S1) has suddenly locked itself on the entire board, and it does not help to turn the keyboard ooff and on again. The result is that I for instance get vibrato on the pianosounds, and nothing I do can turn the vibrato off. I have tried holding Shift and pressing Single to reset midi commands, but this did not help. Any ideas..?
cello

Re: Modulation (S1) hangs

Post by cello »

That's a bit of a pain! Welcome to RC by the way :)

Sounds to me like the button itself has failed and locked in the 'on' position. If that's the case, then only by replacing the button will it return to normal operation.

Not likely to be that expensive - worth getting a quote from your local Roland service centre.
Torbis03

Post by Torbis03 »

I don't think it's the button. I did the factory restore, and the vibrato was gone. Then I restored my project and the vibrato was back again. So I think there i some kind of system setting that forces the modulation/vibrato on. The problem goes for both live an single mode. Before the problem occured I experimented with tempo sync via USB from a computer sequencer with no positive result - could the computer have sent some kind of a midi message that messes up and overrides the modulation control?
geeman

Post by geeman »

Torbis03 wrote:I don't think it's the button. I did the factory restore, and the vibrato was gone. Then I restored my project and the vibrato was back again. So I think there i some kind of system setting that forces the modulation/vibrato on. The problem goes for both live an single mode. Before the problem occured I experimented with tempo sync via USB from a computer sequencer with no positive result - could the computer have sent some kind of a midi message that messes up and overrides the modulation control?
Hi there,
G6 novice here: If you were to hold down SHIFT and then the SW1 button, does the SW1 read MOMENTARY or LATCH? And would it make a difference if you were to change from either one and then write the change to (F7- Sys Write)?