Deafening White Noise / Crash?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
phantomsjw

Deafening White Noise / Crash?

Post by phantomsjw »

I have this problem with my G8 that sometimes (at least once per 2 hour writing session) when editing samples or adding them to a song I get this deafening distorted noise that comes out of the fantom. it effects all output including keyboard sounds etc. The only way to resolve it is to save the song and switch the fantom off and on again...which takes ages as you know.

Has anybody any ideas whether this is a fault or a software bug?

It's got to the point that I daren't use the audio side of the fantom and just working on songs in midi etc.
MrSteveVee

Re: Deafening White Noise / Crash?

Post by MrSteveVee »

Sounds more like a hardware fault to me. The odd glitch sometimes may be software but if it fails every couple of hours that sounds more serious. I assume you have the latest OS?
phantomsjw

Post by phantomsjw »

Using 1.50, i'm going to try to backup and reflash tonight. thanks for the reply. I've emailed Roland support too. Apart from that and the dreaded 'key wear' it's still going great :-)
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but . . .
I have a student who experienced this issue with his G. Roland Canada had to replace the motherboard to fix it. $900.00 including shipping.
phantomsjw

Post by phantomsjw »

ouch...thanks for the headsup on that piaknowguy. that's my gut feeling too. thanks again.