Used Fantom - How are they holding up?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
spottingjonah

Used Fantom - How are they holding up?

Post by spottingjonah »

I may be looking into a used G7 to add to my rig, but I'm curious of a few things. How are the G series boards holding up for those of you that have one? Is the keybed still solid? Are there known issues to look out for? Also, would there be a lot of redundancy with my Jupiter 80? Thanks for the help!!
Macska

Re: Used Fantom - How are they holding up?

Post by Macska »

The fantom G is a freakin tank in my experience. I've heard of problems with the screen after years of use but I imagine that could be replaced without much trouble.

It would pair well with a Jupiter. I got rid of my G8 because I have the VS 700 which has the fantom G sound engine built in. I use it with a Jupiter 50 and Integra 7. You would get a lot of sounds to fill in the gaps the JP has. Dulcimer is a must for me and I love the one in the fantom. You can synthesize almost any sound on the Jupiter, but it's nice to have that Fantom or XV engine as a supplement.

If you have a budget that allows it, you may consider a Kronos. Part of me has always wanted to play a Kronos and jupiter together, but I only have tried Kronos in stores. I feel like they would get along nicely.
tranztek

Re: Used Fantom - How are they holding up?

Post by tranztek »

No problems with mine. Rock solid build quality. Now the ARX boards are really cheap I'm going to add a couple.