Fantom ARX not working, Help

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Richie Keys 1

Fantom ARX not working, Help

Post by Richie Keys 1 »

Hi guys, I've been coming on this site for years but never posted on here, I've had good help over the years from looking at other posts but now I've got a problem that I need help with, here it is.

I've been speaking with Roland UK the last few days with no luck. I've got 2 fantoms, G6 and G7, 2 weeks ago I got a good deal on 2 ARX-02 electric piano boards, I've put them in both fantoms but the G7 ARX-02 is not working. when you go to the ARX slot there is no patches or anything working, I've changed the firmware to all past updates but still no luck. I think when I put the ARX board in the keyboard it didn't install the right way.
Has anyone had anything like this happen to them. the only way i can think of fixing it is if the keyboard thinks the ARX board has never been in there and it will ask me to install it. Thank Richie Keys
cello

Re: Fantom ARX not working, Help

Post by cello »

So you've got two cards and two FGs, correct?

If then one card works in one FG, I would swap them round. If suddenly the FG that was working is no longer working, you can be pretty much sure that one card is defective (which is what I suspect).

PS welcome to RC :)
Richie Keys 1

Re: Fantom ARX not working, Help

Post by Richie Keys 1 »

thanks for the and yes I've got 2 fantoms G6 and G7 and 4 ARX cards, 2 ARX-03 brass and 2 ARX-02 E/piano. I should of said that I've have had all the ARX cards working in the G6 and I've also put the 2 brass cards in the G7 at the same time and they both worked as they should, so the G6 all working with ARX-02 and ARX-03 but the G7 only the ARX-03 works. that's why I think the ARX-02 didn't install properly on the G7.

anyone no anything lol :)