Fantom-G output kinda low ?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
DNGmaestro

Fantom-G output kinda low ?

Post by DNGmaestro »

Hi!

As i stated on an earlier post i just bought a new G6! Great machine!

However, the main output in mine is kinda low, compared to my motif xf, kronos or integra 7 (or any other synth i have or had connected).
I already changed the output to +12db but if i play higher this way it distorts so kept it at +6 (like the motif) but even on +6 it only has a equivalent volume output if the main volume rotary is full right.

I tried the coaxial out and it outputs much higher, as does the headphone output.

Is there something wrong here or is the Fantom G main line outputs really quieter?
DNGmaestro

Re: Fantom-G output kinda low ?

Post by DNGmaestro »

Can someone shed some light?

Has this been talked before?
MrSteveVee

Post by MrSteveVee »

Hiya

I know very little in in these areas as I am a pure amateur trying to learn these beasts but I do have both of these boards connected to a Korg D888 mixer. If I put both boards to max volume output (only on the volume control nob/slider) and select an inbuilt standard preset I find that on the Motif, If I select the Full Concert Grand PRE1 A01 in Voice mode, my mixer hits overload at approx 50% input gain. If I pick preset 001 Manhatten Grand in Single mode on the Fantom my mixer hits overload at approx 60% input gain.

So in this totally unscientific test! my keyboards are overloading my mixer with about 10% difference in input gain. So it does appear that using these two presets the Fantom output is slightly lower. Not sure if this is any help but I have no idea how else to measure it. If there's any specific test you want done, give a shout and I will see what I can do

Steve V
DNGmaestro

Post by DNGmaestro »

Well, what i'm finding is that the line outputs on the fantom are much lower than other keyboards i have, motif, kronos, integra, the old tg77, korg micro x..

And if i put +12db it distorts the signal.

But the outs on the coaxial outputs are the same as the others and play fine so i was wondering if somebody else noticed this or has this problem or if it's just my unit.
johnxyz

Post by johnxyz »

Just purchased a G6 myself - output seems the same as my Jp8000, Triton and PC3X.

Did you sort it?