Ready to toss the G lol HELP

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
gregthecableguy

Ready to toss the G lol HELP

Post by gregthecableguy »

Ok I must sound like a broken record but I use the FG for a sequencer. I program songs in midi tracks. When I sequence bass, piano, electric piano, banjo, anything like that it is fine. As soon as I use a organ, strings, violin and stuff my notes gets held and overlaps the new ones if I make a mistake and have to do a bar over. Seems like the tail end of the notes stretches to me bars until a new chord is hit. I use my hold pedal to play parts in. If I get through the full song with no stops it is fine but if I stop or make a mistake, thats where the problem is. Any suggestions? Been weeks now of angony.
booyakasha12

Re: Ready to toss the G lol HELP

Post by booyakasha12 »

so you have a pedal plugged in for sustain? Have you messed with the system settings, reverse polarity?
Is it in the hold input? What about "patch remain?" Try toggling that off.
gregthecableguy

Where do I find patch remain? I restore system. Again it only happens to instruments that notes linger like organs and strings. No issues with bass or pianos. Thanks
booyakasha12

Post by booyakasha12 »

under system settings
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

Does this only happen when you are using the hold pedal and you stop the sequencer?
gregthecableguy

It seems to yes. I tried the above with patch remain and still no luck. So frustrating. Seems only when I am recording with hold pedal.
gregthecableguy

Even when it try to erase the data it won't. Very odd. Have to erase full phrase.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

What brand sustain pedal are you using? I use Roland ones and they work fine. Maybe the pedal you have's polarity is wrong for the Fantom? Also check that you are pressing stop on the sequencer when you are recording after you release the sustain pedal on notes you are playing, otherwise the sustain off CC will not be recorded and the notes will stay sustained when you don't want them to be.