FG7: how to set S1 or S2 to control fast/slow in PFX rotary

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
VintageOrganPlayer

FG7: how to set S1 or S2 to control fast/slow in PFX rotary

Post by VintageOrganPlayer »

hello, how can I set S1 or S2 to control fast/slow in PFX rotary effect section? (or other controls?)
thank you!!!
DSC06473.jpg
DSC06475.jpg
DSC06476.jpg
MrSteveVee

Re: FG7: how to set S1 or S2 to control fast/slow in PFX rot

Post by MrSteveVee »

Not that I am aware of, how about recording the changes to a midi phrase and assigning the phrase to a pad. would that work as a work around?
trommis

Post by trommis »

Just can't believe that Roland forgot this option.... I have the FG7, and I can't see how this can be done. In my Kurzweil PC3 and my Korg Oasys, this can be assigned to a button or even the pedal. "Leslie" accellerates, and at the next push, it spins down to slow rotation....
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

Of course this can be done!

There are two parts: Telling the S1 or S2 switch what MIDI message to transmit and telling the PFX what to do with that MIDI message.

I will follow the order of the screen shots.

On the PFX page, set Rotary/Speed to what you want (SLOW or FAST) when the switch is off.

Under PFX Control, choose one of the four slots. Set Source to any CC you are not using for anything else. Set Destination to Speed. Set Sens to +63 if you chose SLOW above, or -63 if you chose FAST.

On the System Setup page, set Switch S1/S2 Assign Source to TEMP if you want to use different switch settings for each Live Set or Studio Set. Set it to SYS if you want just one setting for the entire Project.

If you chose SYS, stay on the System Setup page. For TEMP, navigate to the Control Setting (Live Set) page.

Set Switch S1/S2 Assign to the CC you chose above. Set Switch S1/S2 Assign Mode as desired.

Save your settings.

Note 1) The S1/S2 switches only transmit on the MIDI Channel of the currently selected Part.

Note 2) If you need to control an MFX, you will need to follow ‪MrSteveVee‬'s suggestion.

Note 3) For more: Fantom-G Workshop 09- Manipulating Sounds in Realtime