Fantom G vs Motif XF vs Integra 7 vs Kronos

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
DNGmaestro

Fantom G vs Motif XF vs Integra 7 vs Kronos

Post by DNGmaestro »

Hello my friends!

I decided to compare the basic sound of each of the 4 workstation in the exact same instrumental.
Everything was recorded digitally and i tried to be the most even possible in each one.
There is no external processing.

Further details are in the video description.

Check it out:

Roland Fantom G vs Yamaha Motif XF vs Roland Integra 7 vs Korg Kronos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC4HNOEV8Ag
howardS

Re: Fantom G vs Motif XF vs Integra 7 vs Kronos

Post by howardS »

Hey there, DNGmaestro, thanks for posting this. I see you posted it in this forum and one of the other forums here. I would think it is probably best to keep it all in one forum so the dialog doesn't get divided.

Did you playback the same midi file on each keyboard or did you record them separately onto each keyboard.
DNGmaestro

Post by DNGmaestro »

Since it has both the fantom g and the integra i decided to put it on both :)

I actually made the base of the instrumental first on the fantom g and then i passed it all to my DAW and finished it there with all machines in mind.

Then i played back and recorded digitally each keyboard.

The mix was all done inside of each one to sound the most similar possible.
howardS

Post by howardS »

I know that's WHY you put it there but it is still probably best to keep the conversation in one spot. We could say something important here and the others would miss it. ;)

I asked about the recording as I wondered if you could play it the same on each keybed, well not including the Integra-7, and with the same amount of modulation given different the different mechanics of the keyboards. Anyhow, never mind my pickiness on that. Thanks for giving us the sound comparison.