moving sample memory from G7 to G6

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
saved2praise

moving sample memory from G7 to G6

Post by saved2praise »

I've been using a G7 BUT I just bought a G6 to downsize
My question is will I lose sample memory if I take the cards out of my 7 and put them into my 6
MrSteveVee

Re: moving sample memory from G7 to G6

Post by MrSteveVee »

I assume that you power off your Fantom when you have finished a session, and I aslo assume that you save your songs to projects before you power off as when you power off your fantom, any samples stored on the memory cards are lost because the cards need power to keep the samples.

Therefore when you transfer the cards from one keyboard to the other you will not be transfering any samples as they will not exists on the cards. You will need to reload the samples into the cards from the projects in the same manner that you currently load them

Note I also assume that you are storing your projects onto external USB drives. If you are not then you will need to save the project stored in the internal memory of the first keyboard to a USB drive to transfer over to the new keyboard

Also note, the internal memory of your keybaords is seperate from the optional memory cards and does not lose and information when powered off (it is a different type of memory that does not require power to store the information)

Hope this helps

Steve V