Frustrating discovery regarding PFX and XV-5080

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Leh173

Frustrating discovery regarding PFX and XV-5080

Post by Leh173 »

So, one of my main issues with the Fantom G is lack of flexibility with the PFX/MFX, where it's not possible to chain them (bar in studio mode where you can run PFX in one MFX) etc. Even the Fantom X has FX "structures" as does the Jupiter-80. If Roland decided not to offer this on the G (and Integra-7, FA series) they could at least have more multi-FX PFX algorithms, right? Well recently I stumbled across an article about the XV-5080 that mentioned that it features the JD Multi MFX that is the same as the one in the JD-800 which strings several FX together. So I downloaded the XV-5080 manual and my heart sank! Right there are MFX Multis called:

ROTARY MULTI
KEYBOARD MULTI
RHODES MULTI
JD MULTI
GUITAR MULTI A
GUITAR MULTI B
GUITAR MULTI C
CLEAN GUITAR MULTI A
CLEAN GUITAR MULTI B
BASS MULTI

All of these are multifx containing 4 or so FX. For example the Rotary Multi features:
Sequence
OD/Dist Overdrive/Distortion Switch OFF,ON
Amp Sim Amp Simulator Switch OFF,ON
3 Band EQ 3 Band EQ Switch OFF,ON
Rotary Rotary Switch OFF,ON
This is almost the exact FX chain I have tried to create on the G to make better organ sounds!

Would have solved every problem in the world with FX on the G! Why did you leave these out Roland?!?! WHY?!! Hahahaha. Oh well too late now. Just frustrating that Roland solve a problem in one unit, and then leave it out in another… Shame as the Fantom G is such a great machine.

have a look at the XV-5080 manual here: http://roland.com/support/article/?q=ma ... id=1811525