Rhythms on G6

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
gurshahbaaz

Rhythms on G6

Post by gurshahbaaz »

I have a 16bit 4kHz file. I want to load it to the dynamic pad so that i can keep on playing it in a loop ad also want to control its tempo. PLeaseHelp
MrSteveVee

Re: Rhythms on G6

Post by MrSteveVee »

Fantom cannot load a 4Khz file it needs to be a 16-bit .WAV- or AIFF-format audio files with a sample rate of
44.1 kHz

Steve
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

There are tons of public domain resampling tools to resample it to 44.1kHz. Or use an old Steinberg Wavelab Version from ebay.
gurshahbaaz

Post by gurshahbaaz »

thank you. now i have 16bit and 44.1kHz .WAV file. Now ho do I load it to dynamic pad so that i can play it and control its tempo
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

gurshahbaaz wrote:thank you. now i have 16bit and 44.1kHz .WAV file. Now ho do I load it to dynamic pad so that i can play it and control its tempo
Just put the wav file into the IMPORT folder of your "FANTOM G" USB stick. After booting the Fantom G you go into Sampler mode and use the import function. Mark all samples you want to import. It's on page 283 in the Owners Manual. In the sampler you can preview and cut or loop your sample and adjust the pitch and base note like C3 or whatever you like (transposes the sample accordingly if you use it for building a patch/program). Save the loaded and edited sample with the Write button to your Project!
You now have to build a Sample Set of 16 samples (or maybe 16 times the same sample with different parameters). Read page 126 of the OM guide (Owners Manual). It's no use to repeat all that here.
Read page 188 "Using the Pads" and page 191 for the specific details to use the pads for playing a sample set (p. 126 s.a.).

As always: RTFM ;)