Urgent question about the OS version

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Lukas

Urgent question about the OS version

Post by Lukas »

Guys, I would kindly need your help, in case you know.

I may buy a Fantom G8 second hand but it is almost new. I am afraid it has a very old OS versión (1.10 or who knows). The owner probably did not upgraded it.
I checked the Roland support site and there is an upgrade to version 1.5 but it says you would need to have upgraded to versión 1.20 and 1.30. Well, the problem is there is no download for versión 1.20 or 1.30 in that site and therefore I do not know if:
- Roland put all the versions in one and I can upgrade from the old versión to the 1.50 directly with the roland download file.
- I would need those other upgrades that are not available anywhere.

Do you know how should I proceed ?. Do you have versión 1.20 and 1.30 upgrade files ?. I would not like to do the direct upgrade to versión 1.5 and end up with a keyboard that is frozen or does not even start.
Thanks a lot for your support.
MrSteveVee

Re: Urgent question about the OS version

Post by MrSteveVee »

Have a re-read of the instructions to double check this as I just looked on the roland download site and I could not see where it stated this. Roland does however mention that you need to update the Fantom G Librarian and Editor however these are not part of the Workstation but are seperate programs that you run on your computer

Roland Download:
http://roland.com/support/article/?q=do ... d=20474527

Mentions the librarian and editor:
Fantom-G Editor/Librarian must be updated to Ver.1.20/Ver.1.30 respectively, for using with the Fantom-G updated to Ver.1.50.

therefore after you have updated the Fantom to 1.5 you need to download version 1.2 of the Editor and 1.3 of the Librarian if you want to run these on your PC to link to the Fantom via USB

Steve
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Thanks a lot. You are quite right. I misunderstood the instructions. I knew there were those previous versions some years ago and I got confused with the instructions.
I am not using the Editor/librarian so no problem.
I was checking this a bit late at night and I should have been sleeping instead :-)

Thanks a lot again. That was really helpful
MrSteveVee

Post by MrSteveVee »

No probs, glad it was helpful.

Steve
vampyre

Post by vampyre »

I just bought a Fantom G that has version 1.10 OS, I upgraded to 1.50 without any problems
Saxifraga

Post by Saxifraga »

Because you are new to the Fantom G I would like to mention that the Librarian is not able to copy and paste patches that use multi samples who are not part of the ROM. So if you want to program patches with Velocity switched multi samples, like for a good piano, you have to save everything by hand to a new project.
Just download the sinevibes primer to the Fantom G and all the supplements Roland has still available.
Have fun!