Live set - Control parameter and external module

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
alexdeglialex

Live set - Control parameter and external module

Post by alexdeglialex »

Hi everybody

in live mode I can control in realtime much parameters of external module (cutoff, for example, using knobs or slider). But to do this firstly I should select in patch list the channel of external module I'd like to pilot. If you didn't this procedure, using knobs or slider you can modify only parameters of interna channel n°1.
I'd like, instead, when you choose a Live set you could immediately modify cutoff or other parameter of exetrnal module. I need to setting and saving Live Set so that knobs and other real time controls were immediately linked to a specific internal or external channel.

It's possible to overcome this Fantom default setting?
MrSteveVee

Re: Live set - Control parameter and external module

Post by MrSteveVee »

Not sure I fully understand your problem Alex. You have 16 slots in the live list for the 16 Midi channels out and you set the MSB/LSB settings on these channels for the external Synth that you want to control. Also make sure that the Fantoms Global SYSTEM-MIDI option "Transmit Program Change" is set to ON (Or it might be the "Transmit Bank", can't remember which) so that when you select the Live list the Fantom loads details in the list and sends the patch details you have stored in the list to the external Synths

Hope this helps

Steve V
alexdeglialex

Post by alexdeglialex »

Thanks for answering Steve.
Yes I can send control change. But my problem is that previously I need to select with cursor (in Live Set main screen) the channel associated to module.
So, for example, when I recall live set from Favorite screen I can't immediately send control change to external module because I should previously go to Live Set screen and move cursor since to select external module channel.
MrSteveVee

Post by MrSteveVee »

Ahh I see what you are trying to do. Sorry, don't know any way to do this

Steve V
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

Alex,

If you are using the Fantom with the knob/slider mode set to Catch or Direct, you could try setting your pads to part select and external parts (you can toggle it to go there with the hold button I think) and select which part (channel) you want to control. The Fantoms knob/sliders only control 1 part at time in this mode. If you set the knob/sliders behaviour to MUTLI then the knobs will work on which ever parts are selected with the keyboard switch on. The problem is that cutoff and resonance etc with affect ALL parts. So you need to program around that. Just setup the knobs to transmit CCs that are not used by any other parameters and set your modules to receive those commands for cutoff and resonance and any other parameters you wish to remotely control.
alexdeglialex

Post by alexdeglialex »

thanks Leh, very good advice
function MULTI is what I need. By editing each patches of live set is possible to do everything! Unluckily until now I never found function MULTI in Live Set editing. I should read owner manual...I'm sure it will not so hard ;)
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

No problem. I went through a similar situation when I first got the Fantom G years ago. MUTLI really helps crack open the potential of programming realtime control in Live Sets. It's really useful.