win 10

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
ken

win 10

Post by ken »

Hello,
1st post on the forum.....I picked up a new comp with win 10 and was having trouble installing the driver...the newest one I found was for 8/8.1......is there a trick or something I am missing because it doesn't seem to install...actually it shows in the device manager but not available in the speakers output for a choice....and in the hardware and sound section it says device driver not installed.....
Thx

just found roland update info win 10 is not compatible yet...............
MrSteveVee

Re: win 10

Post by MrSteveVee »

Yup that's pretty much what I found. After I upgraded to 10 the G no longer communicated with my PC. I tried uninstall/reinstall of both the windows 7 and 8 drivers and got the same results, yet my old Motif XS carried on working without needing to do anything. Quite disappointing, hopefully Roland will release a new driver in the future and get us going again

Steve V
arix

Post by arix »

my fantom G driver dont install on windows 10 !!! please help me
middle c

Post by middle c »

I emailed Roland yesterday and they responded today, there response below.

Roland is currently in the process of rolling out Windows 10 updates - here is a link to the official compatibility listing:
http://www.roland.com/support/support_news/250024
This page is updated directly by the engineering teams in Japan, so we expect the keyboard products (including the Fantom-G series) to be added shortly.

Best Regards,
Product Support
Roland Corp. U.S.
cgbengtsson

Re: win 10 - SOLVED

Post by cgbengtsson »

Just tested a solution using the latest Windows 8/8.1 drivers and can confirm it works!

By disabling Driver Signature Enforcement and spoofing the install file that it is a WIndows 10 driver. Done in 2 minutes...

Easy instructions at this link:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/The-ultimate- ... 67234.aspx

/Christer