Fantom Creator almost released! 50% off

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
chickeneps

Fantom Creator almost released! 50% off

Post by chickeneps »

Hello, sorry for the advertising-related post, but I hope it's acceptable.

Perhaps you've heard about the Creator products that are being "created" (ha) by Chicken Systems for various workstations, included the Roland Fantom (Fantom-G, -X, -XR, and -S, including the Juno-G). For the Roland it's called Fantom Creator.

This is a Mac and Windows program that facilitates the creation of sample-based Fantom Banks, forming Patches (even Performances/Live Sets) using the Multisamples and Samples with RAM of the Fantom workstation series. The Fantom's as you know have been very lacking in management facilities and creation of sample-based Multisamples. With Fantom Creator you can fully create, edit and manage your Fantom Banks. One feature I really like is being able to move Patches and other object between banks, something the Roland never was able to do properly.

Our Creator series started with the Motif Creator program, released about two years ago. This has been very successful, and we designed it internally to adapt to other workstation formats such as the Roland Fantom series. For a product video of Motif Creator, see here:
http://www.chickensys.com/_videos/mtc_overview.mp4

Fantom Creator looks almost identical to Motif Creator, except it has Fantom-friendly text and aligns itself to the 4 Zones that Fantom Patches work with, along with other Fantom-specific things.

Not only that, Fantom Creator includes the awesome Chicken Systems Conversion Engine, which enables you to simply drag and drop any instrument format (SoundFonts, Kontakt, EXS24, SFZ, over 60 other formats!) into a Fantom Document in Fantom Creator and converts it directly to Fantom format. You can see immediately all the Patches, Multisamples, and Samples that are created.

Even better, Fantom Creator includes our new Auto Sampler, which enables you to automatically sample software AND hardware instruments directly into a Fantom bank. Imagine taking an awesome Kontakt Instrument and funneling it straight into your Fantom! Wow.

A demonstration version of Fantom Creator is available for you to check out:
http://www.chickensys.com/downloads2/fantomcreator.html

Documentation is online here:
http://www.chickensys.com/support/softw ... umentation

Here's a pic of the packaging of the Creator series, which is just starting to come in:
http://www.chickensys.com/_images/produ ... or_lit.png

Anyway, I'm posting the information that the release date is almost upon us: Monday, August 17th, 2015. As well, Fantom Creator has been on sale during the entire pre-release/beta time (since June) for 50% off. The MSRP is $79.95, but the 50% off is only $39.98. We will hold this price in place through Monday and it will end Wednesday, August 19th, 2015.

Put simply, here's the difference between pre-release/beta and release:
  • Pre-release/Beta: We yell at YOU for any bugs/issues that exist.
    Release: You yell at US for any bugs/issues that exist.
So, to get in the 50% price, order before Wednesday August 19th. Here is the product page:
http://www.chickensys.com/fantomcreator

For any questions, as I don't frequent this forum often, please email us at support@chickensys.com. You can post questions at this forum, and for a time I'll try to answer them, but for quicker response, please email.

Thanks for your time - long live the Fantom!

Garth Hjelte
Chicken Systems, Inc.
Email: support@chickensys.com
Phone: 320-235-9798
Leh173

Re: Fantom Creator almost released! 50% off

Post by Leh173 »

Great to see this has finally seen light of day! I will test it he demo out as soon as possible. Thanks.
dpalmi123

Post by dpalmi123 »

chickeneps wrote:Anyway, I'm posting the information that the release date is almost upon us: Monday, August 17th, 2015. As well, Fantom Creator has been on sale during the entire pre-release/beta time (since June) for 50% off. The MSRP is $79.95, but the 50% off is only $39.98. We will hold this price in place through Monday and it will end Wednesday, August 19th, 2015.

Hello Garth,

Has the release date been changed? It looks like the webpage is still showing a beta version. I would like to purchase the software at the discounted rate of $39.98 but wanted to wait till the final product was released. Are we able to buy now and still receive the final version?

Thanks,

Dan
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

AFAIK all web pages are updated. We are releasing sometime this week (didn't make the deadline), and the discounted rate will apply for a couple days after that. If you download the Free version, that puts you on the mailing list for day-to-day info.
Wilhelm

Post by Wilhelm »

Did anyone get this to work?
I can`t import anything from my fantom G files
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

Contact Chicken Systems, they can help you. support AT chickensys.com. They need to hear from you.
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

I was about to order, but then noticed "SHIPPING IS MANDATORY
All products must eventually be shipped; SamplerZone does not sell download-only items (unless explicitly noted)." :/ Other than that, should be finishing up this week according to given date.
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

I hope this is not a problem, but it works in your advantage as you have a installation device that you can control all installs yourself without any need for Chicken Systems to "reset" or "authorize" etc. You can do it yourself. Plus having your own physical product is pretty cool.
thiagotgc

Post by thiagotgc »

Eu queria muito, mas aqui no Brasil pagar 39 dolares ou euros, é muito caro.

Se me der um desconto para comprar aqui no brasil, eu compro!
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

was this further developed or is the situation like mentioned here https://jimatwood.wordpress.com/2015/11 ... re-review/ ?
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

Jim makes the mistake of reviewing a product before his correspondence with the company was even initiated. We pleaded with him to not blog stuff like that because of this very reason - someone finds it later on and thinks it's current. Jim, if you are reading this - do you understand what I was saying now?

Short answer, all issues are resolved. Program works great. If by chance there is an issue, tells us about it, we fix it. Game over.
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

nice!

what is the build version of the stock Fantom Creator?
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

It says on the splash screen when you start the program, or in the About box (splash screen). If you aren't running the latest, the program tells you and asks you if you want to download the latest.
0kk0p3kk4

Post by 0kk0p3kk4 »

Good to know. Can you tell what is the current build version on the item today on the "store"?
chickeneps

Post by chickeneps »

Actually I don't know offhand, I'm away from the office, but if you don't own the program, the info is useless. You can find out by downloading and installing Fantom Creator Free. Still, I don't know why you need to know this information.