Memory Full In One Project

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Peter-John

Memory Full In One Project

Post by Peter-John »

Hi Guys.
I have a problem on my FG. I Only experience this i one project. I have a usb with about 6 projects. In one of the projects only on a few songs, when I want to save the changes I make to the song I receive a msg saying "Memory Full" And I know it cant be true. It just does that with about 5 or 6 songs on the particular project. There is even not much info on the song itself.

How can I correct this please?

Thanks guys!
MrSteveVee

Re: Memory Full In One Project

Post by MrSteveVee »

Yes there is a bug in the operating system that causes this message, I have had it several times myself, if you search the forum it has been discussed several times. I know one guy stated that if he disconnected the USB cable that connected the G to his computer the message did not re-appear, personally I have not tried this so no idea if this is a solution or not, what I do is go into different views in the studio mode trying to save each time until it does save, it's a pain when this happens but I have always managed to save "eventually"!

Steve V
middle c

Post by middle c »

The Memory structure in the fantom G is a little complicated, sometimes if you are using skip back sampling during the recording process you need to clean it out and make room, the disconnect usb does work, maybe a hang up during a data transfer, if you don't need all the demos, rps's, etc. you'll have more room in your memory to work with. It's frustating, but worth it once you find out what works for you. Try without usb connected. With the sample ram maxed to 1 gig you will have more sample room also.
Peter-John

Post by Peter-John »

Thanks guys for your responses. I still did not manage to fix this. Its so frustrating. All the changes made to the track doesn't save. AGGGG!!

I've tried to save it through the screens STEVE, But no luck there.

I have 1gb memory MiddleC. But the problem persists.

Huge frustration this side. The worse part is, there is only 5 or 6 midi files on the track and it don't wanna save.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

I have experienced this too and found the following to be true..

Cause:
This appears to be a USB cable conflict issue.
I have had this problem several times when trying to save to USB.
Usualy I have the computer on and the Fantom G is connected via USB.
For some reason the Fantom USB bus is hijacked by the driver and causes the problem.

Solution:
When you get MEMORY FULL when trying to save to USB,
Open Device manager/Sound video game controlers
right click on FantomG and choose Disable (or just unplug the usb cable)
Try save to USB once more and it should work with no error.

I have done this several times successfully :)
middle c

Post by middle c »

Just an added note on this_after upgrading to windows 10 nothing worked right with the Fantom G editor, usb audio, nadda, also my presonus audio box 44VSL started clicking, tried to solve with the driver fix from this site and could not solve the problem. I went back to windows 7 and its all working good again. Hope you can solve this.
Peter-John

Post by Peter-John »

Hi Guys
thanks for your replies.
I'm using MAC, but i hardly use the FG and laptop together. I do most of the stuff on my FG and save to USB. Quinnx How could I fix the problem without involving/or involving my Macbook?

Thanks
thiagotgc

Post by thiagotgc »

Retire o cabo USB do teclado, resolveu comigo!