RE: New Fantom Model Question (help?)

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Action

Re: RE: New Fantom Model Question (help?)

Post by Action »

Thank you, Quinnx. I have put aside tracking in the G directly for now, and have instead been using the keyboard as a controller and audio sound source while recording in Reaper on my PC. It mostly works fantastic in this basic manner. I am having one problem:

Like i mentioned, I have been using my Fantom G as the audio interface and default soundcard for my sessions. For the most part I have been using the Fantom as MIDI controller and triggering virtual instruments on my PC to build my tracks.

Now, however I'm trying to record my Fantom's AUDIO output into Reaper via the USB connection - so in addition to the recorded MIDI tracks, I am now recording the Fantom patches as audio into Reaper. The mix then is sent back out to the Fantom and subsequently out to my headphones/monitors for me to listen to.

My problem is that the entire mix from the other tracks in Reaper - and the metronome click - is being routed back through the Fantom for monitoring purposes, and being recorded in Reaper ALONG WITH THE NEW AUDIO PERFORMANCE I'm playing using my Fantom. So the newly recorded track ends up being a full mix, including metronome, rather than just the new Fantom part.

So again, the problem arises when I'm playing the Fantom audio into Reaper live- not when I'm using the Fantom as controller and recording MIDI. For some reason the Fantom does not seem to be set up to separate the existing tracks' audio signals from the currently recording track. Can you suggest what I may be doing wrong?
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

There are various options for routing with the fantom
usually what i do is route any incoming signal to the fantom G out to B for monitoring
that way while your sending live signal from the G to Reaper can be recorded there but any returning tracks are not.
Action

Post by Action »

Thank you