no more sample numbers?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
booyakasha12

no more sample numbers?

Post by booyakasha12 »

So I just encountered this error message
"no more sample numbers" while trying to sample.
I see I still have room in ram, on my usb, and I also can see from my sample list available slots.
Anyone ever experience this? Or a solve?
MrSteveVee

Re: no more sample numbers?

Post by MrSteveVee »

Hmm! The manual states two possibilities:

The sample cannot be divided any further
----------------------------------------------------
Since fewer than 256 consecutive sample numbers are vacant, no consecutive sample numbers.
further sampling is possible
----------------------------------------------------

With the remedy of : Erase unneeded samples in order to allocate 256 or more consecutive sample numbers.

Not sure that I fully understand why you must have 256 free consecutive numbers! But maybe that is what is causing your problem

Steve V
booyakasha12

Post by booyakasha12 »

thanks..
Luckily I had a backup copy that works. Very strange, everytime the project loads, it has some checks next to certain samples. I tried erasing some and it still gives the error. I actually have about 300 or more sample spots open.. 1700-2000..Weird glitch.
booyakasha12

Post by booyakasha12 »

still having this issue.. I mean I have empty sample slots within 1700, then 17120-2000 empty.. yet I'll get the message and not able to sample anymore. Any other thoughts? Seems silly that you have to have 256 consecutive empty spaces, no? Especially since it puts the samples where it wants to whether you sample or import.