Just got Fantom G

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Blueswaite

Just got Fantom G

Post by Blueswaite »

Always wanted a Fantom G for its features. So far sound wise very disappointed. Sold a MOXF to get it.
Got some patches and through headphones sound great. Going into the same studio monitors and mixer sounds are really tinny and cheap sounding. Took all eq off mixer and messed with mid eq no luck. As I said MOXF sounded great.
Was looking forward to the recording ability of it. Got it at a really good deal could sell it and get another MOXF. NO disrespect. Is there possibly something wrong with out puts.
Stock patches sound very mid rangy and tinny Set up drum kit on earphones is great. Through studio monitors sounds pretty bad .Used thes monitors with a $300 keyboard for practice that sounded decent.
Any ideas what problem might be. As I said through headphones get good sounds.
Thanks
booyakasha12

Re: Just got Fantom G

Post by booyakasha12 »

just curious, but single mode has effects, etc, so it so patches sound better than in studio mode(where you apply your own effects).
Yes, you are indeed correct about it sounding tinny, as EQ is your friend, a lot of the sounds need eq as their pfx. I use the G primarily as a sampler for all my sounds.
Blueswaite

Post by Blueswaite »

I have a MOXF I like the piano. If I sample it will it retain that sound or take on the
Fantom G characteristics
Am getting a lot better sound now went into tvf and used a filter and adjusted cut off
and got a nice string and Rhodes sound. Helped the piano a lot to.
I am hoping the audio recorder for the 24 tracks does a good job.
Got a gig of memory coming
Thanks
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Fantom G is about the best sounding board around.. I have absolutely no issues..
sound can be as deep or as thin as you want it tobe..
At this point I basically use the G as my one and only music production gear.

I no longer have a need to use a computer, the G does it all.

I would nt think too hard on default patches.. some times they need tweaking

Overall i have been using the G for years now and would nt look at another board for the for seeable future
you pretty much are future proof here

Just need to give it time.. and patience
You will eventually discover Joy!
Blueswaite

Post by Blueswaite »

I agree I have had time to watch videos and just got the DVDs manual. Was very disappointed at
First and now I know how to deep edit and other things I am getting really good sounds and recordings.
I am really liking this synth. I agree take the time to get to know it
Also installed the gig of ram.
Thanks
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

The sound engine on the fantom is deeply editable and if you dive in its possible to make some great sounds. IMHO the factory presets are a bit average, though if you dig in there is some great patches to be found in there. Sampling also opens up the machine a lot. The only area of sounds I've found to not stand up too well are the organs, they're not great. To get the most out of the G takes time, so it's up to user if you want to spend that time, or at least that's what I've found. Have fun!
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Yeah... possibilities are pretty much endless on the G, and what does it is the sampling, so as long as you can add new sound source to the engine.. by sampling resampling etc.. your only limitation is what your imagination can conjure up.