User patches, live sets and sequencing

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Putte

User patches, live sets and sequencing

Post by Putte »

I´ve had my G8 for almost two years, but did my first serious attempt on the sequencer today. I followed the Youtube 'Fantom G basic sequencing part 1 and 2'. Actually, I got stuck already on part 1, as I tried to find my patches. There were only the PRST/preset patches. All 512 user patches where turned into Initial patches.

In the tutorial, Ed sort of mentions this, but he had no user patches. Now, when searching for them, it turned out both Live and Single modes were empty. Eventually I turned the G8 of, to see if a fresh start would make them appear again. They did, but I tried again, and now they seem to be gone permanently.

I didn´t have many self made patches to begin with, but it bothers me that sequencing only seems to be possible with factory presets. That can´t be, or?
middle c

Re: User patches, live sets and sequencing

Post by middle c »

Yes you can sequence and save patches. Its probably just your settings to solve this. Did you save the project? You may find it better to sequence in studio mode.
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

Putte, this sounds like something strange has happened. If you have saved your own patches in the user bank they should always be there no matter what mode you are working in. If you ever see red tick next to any name of a patch, live set or studio set, be sure to save it, otherwise changes can be lost.

I agree with middle C that sequencing is best in Studio Mode, that is the most powerful mode the Fantom has.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

the most power full part of the fantom is..
you don't have to save any patches

you can edit your setup in performance mode, save song and all patches and edits are saved with the song.

so if you lost any patches.. load a previous song that had them in use and it will recover that patch and you can then write it as a permanent patch to any user preset to recall in any future song or setup
Leh173

Post by Leh173 »

Yes that's a great feature, but only if you are in song mode right? If you are working in the other modes or just on a studio set by itself, you need to save, right?
Putte

Post by Putte »

First, thanks for helping me. Following the Youtube instructions I mentioned, Studio mode was recommended, and I did exactly as I was told.
This was the first time I tried the sequencer, and also making a patch list. The patches I usually need aren´t for sequences. They are stand alone patches, and sometimes performances (Live sets). This was an exception from my usual playing old heavy metal and progressive rock, as I tried to arrange the intro to Marillions Splintering heart. I was hoping we could perform it live eventually.
It´ll take a few days Before I get back to the studio. Then, I´ll see if the patches are all back. It´s like, once I turned the G8 into Studio mode and sequencing, it couldn´t find its way back, without being turned off and on again.