Fantom G8 not booting

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
AJ100

Fantom G8 not booting

Post by AJ100 »

Hi All,

I wonder if any of you can help me. I have my Fantom G8 since 7 years. It had been working well until recently when I noticed that once I switch the power on, the screen appears with G8 logo and is stuck on that with intermittent green flickers. It is not going any further at all.

I looked at the forums here and have tried "press and Hold" "Exit" button and other methods of pressing "tempo + patch" to see if it takes me into safe mode for a factory reset but to no avail.

Do you guys have any other tricks that I can try?

I live in London, UK and are there any experts around who I can take some help?

With all the simpler and lighter MIDI keyboards on the market that I plug into my computer, I really feel I am keeping a white elephant in my room!!! (I know, Workstation lovers differ on that!!)

Any help coming this way is really, really appreciated.
middle c

Re: Fantom G8 not booting

Post by middle c »

Sometimes you have to disconnect everything, (usb, memory stick, midi, power etc) and reboot.
Artemiy Pavlov's Fantom G micro manual covers stuff like this, I think you can still get it off this sub.
AJ100

Post by AJ100 »

Thanks my friend. Will give this method a try and see if works and let you all know here.
AJ100

Post by AJ100 »

Tried all the methods that some of the manuals here have suggested. No luck.

I guess I will have to call up service centres in UK to repair it for me.
Will keep you posted.
samman

Post by samman »

Hi,

I have a Fantom G7 and I haven't used it for at least a year and a half and has been stored in a case.
I checked it the other day and powered it on and it just froze on the Fantom G logo. I tried all the suggestions on the forum but still has not worked.
Any ideas? Please help.

Thanks