Can PRST sounds from the 'live' mode be used in 'studio'mode

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
newbutlovinit

Can PRST sounds from the 'live' mode be used in 'studio'mode

Post by newbutlovinit »

Hi everyone

My name's Rob and I'm completely new to Keyboard music and forums. A TOTAL AND COMPLETE newbie. Sorry!

I've been trying to find my way around the most amazing Roland Fantom G8. It really IS astonishing what it can do and what it sounds like. I LOVE IT!

Now, my question is this: There are some great sounds in LIVE mode. For example, the 1st sound in the PRST sounds is called 'System G'. There's loads of them and I'd really like to use them in STUDIO mode if at all possible. Is there a way does anyone know? I may have missed something obvious, but after 2 solid nights of looking and searching the internet/Youtube, I can't see how to do it. I hope someone out there will be kind enough to let me know either way.

Thanks very much indeed

Rob
BlackMaskAttacks

Re: Can PRST sounds from the 'live' mode be used in 'studio'

Post by BlackMaskAttacks »

The presets in live mode is made by up to eight sounds together. Each of those sounds is avaliable in the patch list you got in studio mode. So for example If you got a preset in live mode with five sounds/patches. If you want that preset in studio mode you have to lay down all those five patches and split them over five channels in the studio.
One easier thing you can do If you have a preset you want to use in the studio is to sample it when you record. Easier but offcourse it takes up more space as a sample.